We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

John Bonham signed song remains the same album cover i just purchased. opinions welcomed

Purchased from a friend who claims his father and he walked in to a pub in wales in the 70s and Johns drum kit was set up, John had copies of "the song remains the same" and would sign one if you bought it from him. photo below. welcome opinions please.

Views: 1850

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Him again eh... .hmmmm

Have been to friend who obtained the signature in person from Jon and he showed me a promo biog he got the same day, sadly he will not let me have this but i took the opportunity to photograph it with the album. he is a private individual not a dealer of any sort so how on earth anybody has seen this particular item before baffles me. similar are on the internet i agree. I do firmly believe his story although he was a child at the time so could have been a venue of some sort. 

Hi Tim 

Greg has never had this item so i think you are misguided by the conversation. this is from a personal collection of records from a friend who is nothing to do with the Autograph community. he obtained it in person and swears to me as a friend it was Jon he obtained it from. The Greg line comes from somebody who saw a similar item but i have looked and it is not this item. 

That is your opinion Tim but he also on the same day had this brochure signed by Jon, i photographed side by side with his album sleeve. please let me know your thoughts on this? 

Indeed. Interesting...one seems out of place.

Click for full image:

Hi Tim, aren't the last 2 shown above? I cleaned them up and oriented them to appear the same. 

?

What do you mean Eric? 

I'm sorry but, what do you mean "...what do I mean..."? One of those I posted in my montage is different. It is obvious, to me anyway. As the collector/researcher, please explain the differences and to what you attribute them. Two on one day? What bar/pub? When, exactly? That, to me, is like forgetting you were in an elevator with...David Bowie. 

Yes when you are a child you remember every bar your Dad took you too ? he was a child not an adult this is why he can't remember exactly what it was called. However he was on holiday in wales at the time. was Jon in wales in 76? i am sure records exist somewhere. And wasn't sure what you meant as your image shows 2 different album covers one of which is not Mine. 

Yes, but they have so much in common...

Hence the nickname, DREAM WEAVER! You are in a dream and the reason so many forgeries are perpetrated. You got what you deserve to believe a cock and bull story like that...

What ever floats your boat. It IS A HORRIBLE FORGERY and probably the worst fish tale ever associated with a fake PERIOD!

I hope that helps clear it up for you.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service