We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi again! So I got a funko from the Keaton signing from celebrity Authentics. Long story short the coa is on this database but the picture is not my signature. It looks like this picture was used in the preorder or an item they have in their store. I did do a quick opinion from Swau and they said it was likely genuine. I am probably worrying to much but I am wondering if this could be a red flag? 

Tags: Authentics, Celebrity

Views: 473

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A full LOA with the item photographed appears to be $50 from SWAU.

RE $10 SWAU Funko verification: "Keep in mind this is an opinion based on a scan of the item, a full in-person examination is required to make a definitive determination of authenticity."

I will send it in

I would not necessarily do that - this item already has a CA sticker on it that will appear as suspicious damage if you try to remove it. That sticker will always lead back to the stock photo :-( Many collectors will simply prefer an example that does not have that problem. Another reason not to like stickers.

Would Swau open the case if I sent it to them?

I might be misunderstanding you - why would they open it?

Why would they tamper with the sticker. The funko is a protective case that is sealed by their sticker. Is that what your talking about?

I did not mean to suggest SWAU would. I am saying it has a CA sticker on it. Are you saying the Funko can be removed from an outer protective case and could then be a signed regularly boxed Funko? That would be ideal!

I'd be careful with these types of collectibles - interest appears to have peaked and tumbled. It was reported in March that Funko would be forced to destroy over $30 million of its own dolls from lack of sales. 

I meant sending the whole thing to Swau for authentican. 

Unless they (CA) are going to show your exact item. which they can't as they did not photograph it, I would think just sending the actual Funko out of the hard protective CA case would be best. This way you'd have the originally boxed Funko and the SWAU LOA and you can buy a protective case for under $10. 

Just remember, it could still fail. 

See what others would do in your situation first.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service