We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been offered this item. It sold at Juliens for a large amount so I am assuming its real but psa/dna said its not likely genuine.  It looks good compared to Kurt's writing in his journal writing but its alot to spend to not have experts COA. What do you think?

Views: 3471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, maybe you guys are right. It might be too much to deal with.
Sell it to antiquities.
It may be too authentic for them.

I dont know what to say about this piece. I can tell you that Julien's word is not enough for me. You get me a signed letter from that Cobain relative, different story. It looks real enough.
True,,if you had that letter!
What can I do? I asked Darren Julien again and he said the person wishes to remain anonymous. If we can agree that if it's the original then it's authentic, does the lack of direct provenance render it worthless? Seems silly. I deal in Beatles and having direct provenance is a bonus but not a deal breaker.
None of us know for certain, thats why we would want to find out about where and who its from.
Nirvana items are a different beast altogether.
Yeah forget it. It's tough enough finding authentic items. Trying to get a full history from unwilling parties is too much hassle.
Whats your store called?
I don't have a store. Just a collector. Have been collecting/buying/selling for 20 years. Mostly Beatles but also some Hendrix, Who, Floyd, etc. used to have a couple of nirvana items in the early 90s but they are long gone.
If someone wants 13 grand, I need something more than Julien's word.

That's me. You can find someone for sure.
Does a psa cert help at all or is it a waste of time and money?
I think so. It'll cost $300 or so. It would help.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service