We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

DSC00091.JPGLed Zeplin North American Tour 1971 Hampton Coliseum, Hampton VA autograph poster in ball point pen with Bonhem.

Camera flash is evident but any opinions as to the value of this?

Views: 1738

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think that this photo is from 1979 not 1971

I completely agree Martin.  This is a Swan Song label promo picture and the Swan Song label was not created until 1974, so the image has to be later than that. 

I also second the suggestions for an authenticity/appraisal opinion from Mr Epperson.  Though I might suggest in the first instance that you utilize the 'quick opnion' service from Mr Epperson.

The photo was taken August 1979 at Knebworth, so this publicity photo would have been produced later. Bonham died late September 1980, and the planned tour of America that he and the band were rehearsing for at the time never happened because of it. His last time touring in America was 1977.

So the autographs wouldn't be authentic from what your saying JJ.

I am hesitant to say what's authentic and what's not because this is such a tricky business, so I also defer to someone like Roger Epperson. To see for yourself if these match up you will find examples of authentic Led Zeppelin autographs here. When it comes to having a photo that was probably made in 1980 or later being signed in 1971 - I'm quite sure that stranger things have not happened. I looked up FM WNOR 99 that is shown on the photo, and that is a Virginia radio station. There is an interesting story attached to Zeppelin autographs in eBay item 251677512046 that are also described as being authentic from 1971. See the pictures below:

there i a signed led zep album going for $6000 right now at juliens auction http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/134/lot/56794/?...

Thanks all for your information. Obviously I have the wrong date but I can assure you this is the real thing. Because my brother is no longer with us I need to research the actual concert date at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, VA were this was signed. I will have Roger look at it.

Steve, if you got the dates wrong, it's not a big deal. Authenticators can tell if they are real or not, so you don't have to worry. YOU DO have to worry if....the photo came out in 1979 or something, and they weren't at a concert in the city at that time, etc.

The only shows they ever played there 

Thank you Magic Google Box!

Ok. I went to FM99 and 106.9 the Fox on Friday and was fortunate enough to talk to Mike Arlo who is considered the Classic Rock history Professor in the Hampton Roads area. He remembered this partially but did say he would talk to the Atlantic Records rep and some others at the station then get back to me.

Here is what I found out so far: The FM99 logo is from 1981 as this was the year the station was bought and the logo was changed upsetting everyone at the station. Unfortuantely as we all know Bohman died in 1980. The autographs are real but the photo is a print. Legal contacted Atlantic Records for permission to use the Led Zeppelin and Swansong promotional picture with the signatures. FM99 was limited to 300 prints one of which Arlo has and obviously I have the other one.

What is interesting Bohnam signed this before he died. This was the promotional picture (although the original is in color) that was used for their  European tour which did not happen.

So just to be clear the signatures on your item are part of the prints they had made up, not hand signed. 

You are saying the original is real , they made copies of it,  and what you have from your brother is one of those copies.

Yes, At this point in time the one I have is a photo print of of the original with original autographs.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service