We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Lennon.jpg  I'd be grateful for your opinion

Views: 1407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say it's good. Imo
I usually get in touch with Caiazzo assistant with items his authenticated just to make sure the item has passed by him. They would have a record.

Lennon is difficult.  it would not surprise me at all if this were deemed authentic.  

Terrier,

I wanted to run something by you. Regarding the Lennon piece that I'm interested in buying

(I posted this piece with the heading: Lennon Real or Fake?), I'm really torn about it and I'm looking

for your opinion. Assuming I get the Frank Caiazzo Loa's from the seller and assuming Frank says

he signed off on these, should I purchase this poorly written signature autographed on a photo

of Lennon on the White album or should I wait? The seller agreed to let me do an 8 month lay away

on this piece. We agreed that the price would be $4,750.00. Is a poorly signed/rushed Lennon signature still worth about what a better example is?  I'm agonizing over this decision to buy this Lennon. I'm not "all in" about it because of the poor signature. What do you think?

Thanks in Advance.

I really respect your knowledge of autographs,

Dave Stein

David, it comes down to a personal decision.  considering that you can get an album page with all 4 beatles for app the same amount of money, the pricing for this Lennon photo seems way out of whack.   I do admit that having it on one of the white album photos (which I have never seen before) provides a degree of rarity, I believe you would have a difficult time getting your money back if you ever wanted to sell it.  Like I said, it all comes down to what you are looking for, but if it were me, I would want a nicer example, likely not on a photo, for a lot less money.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Terrier,

I'll tell the seller that I'll pass on the Lennon and McCartney (another rushed signature) White

Album pieces. I'll see what else he has. He already sold me a beautifully signed McCartney

photo that says "Cheers" above his signature. He signed 200 of them for guests in NYC 

at the premier of his Broadway play. (Give My Regards To Broad Street?) It was authenticated

by Roger Epperson and came back as real. I was going to swap him that item for his signature on the White Album plus $550.00. It's not worth it.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Again For Confirming What I Already Suspected,

Dave

2 examples.....first one is from the Mike Douglas show in 1972....the one on the matchbook cover is from 1980.

Great examples, Jim!

Jim,

Thanks for posting these examples. They are similar to my poorly signed Lennon.

Do you think these examples are worth about the same amount of money as a better

example of his signature?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Steve...

Thanks Jim. I just don't know if my Lennon signed White Album photo with a sloppy/rushed signature

is worth the money the seller wants. ($4,750.00) I can only afford it on lay away and he's allowing me

8 months to pay it in full. That's very generous of him. It's just the rushed signature that troubles me.

Will I be able to get my money back and then some when I go to sell it in 15 years? Will it appreciate

in value over the years since it's not a good example of his signature? I don't know.

What do you think?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service