We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I am sorting out a collection and came across several signed balls and a couple bats. None came with any worthwhile authentication and I wanted to get an idea of legitimacy, before I decide to send them to PSA. I appreciate any time you take in looking these over.

photo P1010527_zpslweklnya.jpg
 photo P1010529_zpsqx0usu4n.jpg
 photo P1010528_zpskrieqbkw.jpg
 photo P1010530_zpscjjefext.jpg
 photo P1010531_zpsdy1mwpuh.jpg
 photo P1010532_zpssvfkgxyo.jpg

Views: 502

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mantle looks OK. I personally don't like any of the rest of them but the last bat I don't even recognize the signature. I'm not that good with Griffey but the bat and All Star balls are definitely bad IMO. The first ball I'm not as sure on. It may be OK. I don't like the Dimaggio or Aaron either. Wait for others to chime in.

Randy, I think the bat is supposed to be Ichiro.

spot on with the Jr's, the one with the black base is the only real one.

I'm gonna have to agree with randy. Not a professional but the mantle is what's called his "banana" signature in which his M's look like bananas however the end of his first name is questionable to a degree. The Hank in the Aaron ball is the worst I've ever seen. I've got some signed mags that I can get you pictures of to compare. Their not authenticated as they were received in person and not going anywhere. So I don't need someone's opinion on them.

The DiMaggio is tough. I've got one that was purchased in the 90's from a fellow auto seeker needing money, so got a few things and its a photo that you could compare. 99.9% it's authentic. I leave a .1% because you never know especially since I didn't see it signed but trusted the seeker. Actually the Joe I. That ball looks wrong.

The first Griffey ball I'd give it a chance until I looked at the jr. Ill add a picture of a home plate artwork I have signed by him. Other balls are not even close. Bat is not. And who is the last bat?

Just my opinion but the only one I would chance my money on is the mantle.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Sorry about that blurry pic. I don't have my real camera only my iPad.
Here's the braves plate! This is authenticated by JSA. They made 8 or 9 of these plates in 96. I've got Thomas and Ripken signed as well. This is by far my favorite!

I've got some other griffeys to compare as well. But I'd have to take pics and its getting late. Lmk if you wanna see any examples
Actually after seeing others replies maybe I would chance the first JR ball. Others definitely not.

And I forgot you mentioned Ichiro for the last one....not familiar with his auto as he was extremely tough, capital letters extremely tough!

Mantle is good.  the first Griffey ball looks good.  I don't like the rest of them.

Yeah, I missed that. I agree it is definitely bad now that I know who it is supposed to be. 

spot on

After looking at other PSA verified signatures, I am confident that the bat is garbage. However, the balls still give me pause. There are examples of Griffey, taking the "Y" under the signature. It is very difficult to determine.

The twin balls that look goofy are fakes, these have been around for since the mid 90's. 100% fakes. Score board used to send them out. They got burned. Part of the reason they went under I guess.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service