We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is a "Banana Mantle" on a card listed by eBay seller bigbebo334

eBay seller bigbebo334 says this was "signed by Mickey Mantle himself" and that he "doesn't sell junk". Unfortunately, neither of these are true. 

Luckily, not even the wannabe autograph collectors will spend $500 on this piece of crap card. (These ridiculously high prices prove immediately these sellers know nothing about autographs.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-Autographed-1991-Line-Drive-S...

Tags: bigbebo334

Views: 2152

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Your dad probably did. Maybe his picnic was on the grassy knoll.
We don't know your father, but please understand that eBayers selling obvious forgeries come here often to reply to posts like Ryan's or Chris Williams and claim they got the item in person, from a relative who did, or a similar story. Sellers and authenticators of forgeries have no qualms about lying and will do almost anything to protect their businesses. They hate our site and our members because we are their biggest threat.

On the other hand, it's important for our members to remember that sellers make legitimate mistakes sometimes, and some have even been misled by family members meaning no harm. I had to tell a friend that several band-signed Beatles albums he was given by his aunt who said they were signed for her by the Beatles were clearly forgeries (she was a celebrity photographer, so it was plausible that she met them). Because of that, it's best not to assume the seller knows without more information. Just expose the fakes and name the seller without accusations.

So are you also saying this is a fake?

It amazes me that people that don't work for grading companys can tell by a scanned photo whether its REAL or FAKE!

I won't send it to all the naysayers because I already know their EXPERT OPINIONS, Remember what they say about opinions.

Also as a tip, The Mick avoided signing outside of the red borders on these types of cards. He knew how to fit his signature perfectly/beautifully on these cards.

haha another lie. Ebay uses PSA/DNA quick opinion staff on occasion, espically when confronted by the seller. Ebay is not going to pay $100+ to have your item authenticated. Since its a done deal why dont you tell us the name of the person who told you they will do this. Go ahead they wont get in trouble, because they never said that. And trust me they are not considering you a great member with 300 feedback lol 

But go ahead and post your contact who told you from ebay they will be sending you 100 bucks because you attempted to sell a forgery. 

I have a buddy who works with PSA and use to work with JSA. I sent him this topic this morning and he just got back to me. I won't divulge what he said since it was private but lets just say we won't be seeing you back here anytime soon doing an endzone dance.

Who is your buddy RAY CHARLES?

I'm done talking to all of you.

Remember when the certified letter comes from.

THE LAW OFFICES OF

John Trevena

801 West Bay Drive, Suite 509

largo, FL.33770-3220

Be prepared to pay for your expenses to Florida. And make sure you have proof to defend yourself

in a Tampa courthouse.

We have also added Defamation of Character to the charges.

SEE YOU ALL SOON.

You are going to have to sue ebay also. They agree its a forgery. Sometimes you just have to admit when you are wrong. And I think its your time. You are on a website that specializes in detecting fake autographs, I wouldnt go on a coin site and start arguing because thats over my head. We know what we are talking about, you on the other hand do not. 

Again no one at e-bay said it was a forgery

only you know it all's say it is.

Then why did ebay pull it ? Because they didnt like you? Cant answer that one can you? Go check your email theres a nice email from ebay telling you why the trust and saftey team pulled you item. 

A click as to say.

you will all agree so you all look right.

I'm not buying it

The PREPAID submission form has been e-mailed to me by e-bay and is with the card going to PSA tomorrow. 

Well since PSA take upwards of 6 weeks I guess I will say this while you are here and not hiding. Sorry that your card came back Likely Not Genuine but had you listened to us instead of overreacting you would have known this. I truly hope (and doubt) ebay is paying for this. But if you are you get what you deserve.

No one is picking on you, sometimes though the truth hurts.  This is a well documented forgery that we have seen a bunch of. Its not a one off that you guys made, its one of thousands that came out in the 90's and has even had articles written about its style. Sorry you just cant wrap your head around this. Maybe its best I no longer post in this topic and wait the 6 weeks for you to return to say you're sorry. Because I assure you it will not pass. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service