We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can set up a private group that's only visible to its members, and you can invite those you want to join it.

I would like 2 be in that group.  : )

I'll be busy most of the day and won't be able to approve members fast enough. Someone else should set it up. Just go to groups, add a group, and make it private, which means invited and approved members who apply only.

"You can set up a private group that's only visible to its members, and you can invite those you want to join it."

Steve, up to you how you want to handle, your forum :) Was just an idea - maybe we don't want our research to be available to them anymore.

Certainly would want to include everyone already here.

Sandy,

It's common for members to set up groups, public and private. The person who approves members is the one who started the group and I'm going to be really busy today. I won't be able to keep up.

Yes i agree, posting our research is forewarning them, i want them both in Jail!!!

Here is a link to an article regarding the Julien's auction as reported by CBC in Canada. Randy Jackson is mentioned at the end of the article...it looks like Lady Gaga flushed some money down the toilet.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/12/03/auction-michael-jackso...

I think Lady Gaga only bought unsigned memorabilia in the auction, and I am not aware of any concerns about that.

I'm sure she will be relieved to hear that once the fake signatures get properly exposed. Not every auction participant will be so lucky.

I keep waiting for CNN or NBC News (or any other major news source) vultures to bite into this story...afterall, this is a very high-profile fiasco that is sure to bring in ratings. What are they waiting for? Did Julien's actually get away with this?

watch NBC news Wed night!

Have you guys from the authenticator community been contacting the press, then? Because for the fans it's always going to be a struggle to be taken seriously. Unfortunately (no offense) I don't think it helps that the only real google hit for Juliens and auction fraud is the Team MJ site. The info on it is excellent and meticulous, of course, but the "MJ was murdered" headline will be off-putting to journalists who don't know anything about Michael and makes it easier to collectively dismiss us as cranks and conspiracy theorists.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service