We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone known when this question answer thing is going to be? 

Just noticed this on MJJ Collectors Twitter page.  Seems they may have "interest" in the Bush Auction.  This was tweeted back on Oct. 11th.  I hope the questions are asked that need resolving regarding the standee.  When you click the link it brings you to this:  Not sure what their special promotion is/was?

I think its just mutual advertising. MJJ Collectors is just a group of fans with collecting interests. They have no reason to take sides, and its not an issue. Lets not make more into this than there is. They would not have offered the opportunity for questions to Darren otherwise. People started asking questions about the autographs at their sight way before the sale and they did not want to get involved as it is not their expertise and they want to keep their page away from controversy and negativism. They are just trying to maintain the peace and hoping there are genuine explanations. Many people do not want to accept the reality yet and dont want to be too quick to judge and thats a good thing, but its just mostly people who arent informing themselves or being blind to the evidence.

since it says special promotion between Mjj Collectors and Juliens Auctions (yet had the Bush auction pic), I had to ask.  I don't know them at all.  It is a legit question lol.  I am not assuming anything either, however, it looks like they had or have a deal with Juliens based on this bottom picture (with the writing below it).  I'm hopeful they get the answers to our questions.

Oh and I found out they are taking questions through tomorrow.

Yes, I am sure they are very happy to have it over with.  Some people just dont get the gist of this whole thing. I am just amazed at the fans and people who just dont care one way or another. I sure understand not wanting to deal with controversy all the time when it comes to Michael Jackson. It gets tiring. And negative energy is draining. I cant even imagine what Michael dealt with. He was the product that was milked dry and they are still sucking every last drop. Money- Greed- Power- Corruption.  It stinks but its been that way for eons and will continue. We can only do our best to be righteous.

This is just so sad.  What a weasel Darren is.  No, that's not being fair to weasels...

You can clearly see the die cuts at the base as Steve said - where the standee pops out - like Michelle explained.  Just like we all understand standees do.  You can even see around Michael's arm the die cut where is pops out.  And around his hair on the same side.  And even on the other arm above the red band.

Seriously.

It's actually Lot 749, for a minute there I thought he already swapped out the lot online lol.  794 is a signed drawing.   Michelle this is the best thing that could honestly happen :))  We all have the photos showing the actual press out area, and the blurb on top showing its a standee.

It says standup right on it in top right corner. Its cardboard. I heard that over there. They are trying to say its an early prototype that hasnt been cut out. What?

Is this the model that Bush used for his Michael Jackson sigs?

The copyright on the sketch is 1989. Michael was still using that firecracker, starburst then. Notice how the letter reads To Dennis - not Bush. This is on display at the Autry Museum here in Los Angeles. Dennis and Bush donated the clothing to the exhibit.

if it is, he forgot to learn how to write the L in Love :)  lol  (you know me, I'm all over that L).  BTW, there ARE pc's in the auction that are authentic in signature.  Another person on twitter said there was news coming out with evidence that the sigs are real,  I am assuming it will be for some of the authentic sigs in the auction with photos of him signing them.  Which still will not explain the standee.  I hope Darren goes with the poster theory, he's hung if he does since we all have pics of it already.

I'm very interested in seeing the evidence.

How many signatures do people think were real in the auction? There's one I feel strongly is genuine,  a few I think may possibly be, but I doubt it. And one that's just printed initials that I have no idea on. All but about 30 at most of the 300+ autographs in the sale are in the style we've been talking about here that look like Bush signed them. The others are either more in the style of known MJ signatures or look like neither MJ's or Bush's style. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service