We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the seller has taken our comments on board,  hope you didn't mind me doing that and the sale is now ust for the jacket as he does not think it is a real sig!

you are so smart TeamMichael777.. thank you for all your hard work.

Thank you Justin, its always a Team effort, of which YOU are a big part, Thank you Justin for finding the smoking gun.. I knew of the trademark because of my involvement with all the trademarks owned by HTWF, I've been a strong advocate in that case.

so, is that type of autograph always not by michael? 

KNBC-TV Los Angeles is running an investigative report tonight on Julien's Auctions' Tompkins & Bush Michael Jackson sale. It will be on the News at 11, after the finale of "The Voice"...which means it should have 4-5 times the normal audience.

It should be on their website about midnight Pacific Time. Look for it at http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/.

KNBC would not have known about the Michael Jackson forgeries if it weren't for Michael's amazing "crazed fans"...with a huge shout-out to TeamMichael777 who first contacted me about the forgeries on November 15.

Thank you all...No doubt Michael would be proud of you.

Thank you Steve. I appreciate this site and all you have done to get a fair platform to discuss. Thank you Michael Frost & Roger Epperson, Taaj, Justin, Sandy, Wendy, Manu, Face - everyone who participated. We are not done, but finally, someone is listening outside of this community.

Thank you all, this was a complete team afford. There is alot more going on and this is far from over. This is just the 1st step in making the general public aware of what has been discussed on this site.

No one would have listened without the true Michael Jackson fan's and their knowlege of Michael Jackson's daily activities, signing habits and some of the best authentic exemplars posted.

I second all the comments here :-) THANK YOU EVERYONE... YOU ARE THE BEST!! Way to go Steve you did it....

This is finally some good news.. Thank you for letting us know, Steve.

I had all but given up on the media.

I want to thank everybody involved in bringing this to light.  It has truly been a team effort all the way.  And I know we are still Together and working Strong.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Lady-...

They had the above story up for a while. I was surprised nobody had commented on it.

Michelle can you email me a copy of this, so i can post to yt please?? check you inbox here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service