On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"White House" jacket given to a fan by MJ and later re-created by Bush.

Zoom in on photo to read small print under photo saying it is a re-creation.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

What's even more baffling is that they didn't sell the replica white house jacket if they had one! This is an exact copy, not the MTV jacket they dressed up and sold.

But yes, it definitely begs the question how many auction items were replicas never worn by Michael.

Bigger/clearer picture of re-created White House jacket in Bush's words.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Lady Gaga is due another $144,000 back from Julien's. That's on top of the $555,000 they owe her for the problem signed memorabilia she bought.

Yup. Now if only she would request it.

I'm sure she will ask for a refund, and have everything checked out. I would not be surprised if a lot of buyers demanded refunds even if it hasn't been proven that their purchases are misrepresented. Everything from Tompkins and Bush is likely to be looked at with suspicion from now on. The provenance could easily carry a negative value.

ok, I went back thru the threads and combined 2 of your emails Steve as you used the term Gaga and signed in your post- can anyone verify if this is the full list of signed items Gaga bought? 

588 signed jumpsuit ($5,625)
611 signed loafers ($10,000)
663 signed jumpsuit ($5,000)
680 signed bad era belt ($10,000)
663 signed jumpsuit ($5,000)
675 signed MJ Bad Tour Belt $37,500
698 signed magic jumpsuit 2 ($43,750)
704 signed MJ Bad Tour Thriller Jacket w/M $180,000
728 signed Peter Pan Jacket $7,500
815 signed Road case ($5,625)
835 signed Filthy Tabloid jacket ($8,750)
852 signed hat ($11,250)
854 signed Dangerous belt ($7,500)
954 signed MJ Scream Shoes (signed on bottom) $31,250

The reason I am asking is someone on twitter posted a comment that she only bought one signed item, I'd like to provide a list to them of known items.

anyone?  Or the full list of items Gaga won, and I'll look up the rest of the items to see if they had sigs??

OMG, thank you Sandy, so this means Bush knowingly sat at auction and let that jacket be sold as the "WhiteHouse" jacket,

Lady Gaga paid $144,000 for inaccurately described White House jacket – Juliens/Bush Forgeries | http://teammichaeljackson.com/archives/7303#.UNQ9YOJ71N4.twitter

Remember on the auction day, Sunday, Dec. 2, and Michael Frost got that text message from Darren Julien around 6PM, asking who his legal counsel was cause he was gonna sue him? I bet that was the moment right after NBC4 got in his face to ask him about these items and the authentication. He looks pissed in that video.  NBC4 had more than just the auction on their mind and Julien looked shocked to be asked during the auction.

“We just started taking photos with detailed shots of everything, for fear that he was going to come back and want a duplicate made,” Bush recalls. “And at one point he saw these hundreds of 35-millimeter slides I had, just for research for us for security blanket, and he kept on saying, ‘You should do a book!”

The above was taken from an news article from Bush located here: (I'm unsure if this is also printed in his book) but to those stating Bush "could have" made an error in the jackets, I call b.s.

Both Bush and Julien's missed it? How could that be? Supposedly Julien's carefully verifies every lot they offer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service