We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bloody hell, ok, all is not lost, so the items Bush is selling with the same syle as Thriller jacket forgeries may be from a batch that was earlier,, ok, no problem, i see a positive in everything we do, we have got to the bottom of this and thats what matters, MJFam 1958 must have been frustrated as she was saying the same, but at the end of the day what matters is that we are able to work through and agree on the final outcome, which is there ARE/WERE two hood winks, lols,

I just want to point out, Debbie psycho is stalking these post and taking what she wants to  spin  it, to misinform/confuse the Fans, that poor old goat is trying very hard to hook Bush or Darren, some one should burst her bubble(which i am doing) and tell her they are both gay, so she dont have chance, GIVE IT UP DEBBIE,,, go and rescue a pet instead..  lmao...

Icons and Idols December 3, 2010 -  Lot 532  - MICHAEL JACKSON SIGNED JACKSON FIVE BASKETBALL JERSEY.  Sold for $6,250.

"A vintage Milton honeycomb knit synthetic green basketball jersey , numbered 14 on the front and the back, with a diagonal "Jackson Five" logo in gold, green and white on the front.  Signed in black felt tip pen, "Love Michael Jackson".  Size S."

Another classic Bush style.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2389/

I'm going to go thru and add my comments if you don't mind.  I don't think this is Bush styled. 

Icons and Idols December 3, 2010 -  Lot 587  - BUBBLES THE CHIMPANZEE LEATHER COSTUME.  Sold for $11,250.

"A two piece Bad style leather costume custom designed by Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush for Jackson's famous pet chimpanzee Bubbles.  This costume features black leather overalls with red leather piping and decorative metal studded cuffs, together with a cropped leather jacket with red leather armbands, red piping and metal button closures.  Bubbles rose to fame in the 1980's as the much photographed and well loved favorite pet of Michael Jackson.  The jacket is signed on left front in silver felt tip pen, "Love Michael Jackson".

Fifty percent of the proceeds earned from the sale of this item will be donated to Bubbles' continued care at the Center for Great Apes, located in Wauchula, Florida.  The Center for Great Apes is a nonprofit organization that maintains a permanent sanctuary for orangutans and chimpanzees that have been used in entertainment or kept as pets by private owners.  Bubbles has lived with other chimpanzees at the Center since 2005, and is now 26 years old, and weighs about 180 pounds.  Bubbles has a sweet nature and spends time babysitting the younger chimps and enjoying splashing in the big tubs of his habitat."

Bush again.  It's even come to stalking ole Bubbles now... seriously.

With Bush playing (milking) those charity harp strings again... (uuugghhh)

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2374/

L in love is correct and the h in Michael and k in Jackson are shorter than Bush's recent auction sigs

Icons and Idols December 3, 2010 -  Lot 594  - MICHAEL JACKSON WORN AND SIGNED BLACK SPAT SHOES.  Sold for $21,760.

" A pair of black leather spat shoes with pearlized faux buttons.  Worn by Michael Jackson in Africa during a ceremony where he was crowned honorary "King of Sani, a West African Monarchy.  The event was photographed and commemorated in Jet Magazine, dated March 16, 1992.  Signed on the right sole in black felt tip pen, "Love Michael Jackson".  A copy of the issue of Jet Magazine is included with this lot."

Bush.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2378/

Icons and Idols December 3, 2010 -  Lot 595  - MICHAEL JACKSON HELMSLEY PALACE DOORMAN'S JACKET .  Sold for $31,250.

" A  lined burgundy wool Helmsley Hotel doorman's jacket with button front closure and single chest pocket.  This jacket features gold piping on lapel, textured gold armbands on sleeves, gold tone embossed buttons, a crown over crest logo reading "The Palace", a metallic apple lapel pin, gold braided epaulets attached by embossed buttons, and a braided gold rope over the left shoulder.  The jacket is signed on the left sleeve in black felt tip pen, "Love Michael Jackson".  The label is marked "Designed for The Helmsley Palace by Studio of Audre New York/Size 36 REG".   The Helmsley Hotel was Michael Jackson's favorite hotel to stay in when in New York.  Jackson was photographed numerous times wearing this jacket, including at Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, with Shirley Maclaine, and with Mick Jagger."

Bush.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/11/lot/2367/

small h in Michael, small k in Jackson... Bush makes those tall and loopy. 

The signature on this jacket may be impossible for anyone to reliably authenticate, so let's not list it as a potential forgery. Besides, it's unlikely that the signature added much to the price. Do keep it listed here though.

Okay Steve, I'll delete it.

Sorry, I meant it's OK to keep it listed here. Just don't want to count it.

Hahaha I'll reupload ;)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service