We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this genuine sorry its not Juliens but would like to know
Attachments: No photo uploads here

I won't venture an opinion, I see things I like and things that look odd to me, but I don't know enough autographs from that time.

Do you have a story where this is supposed to come from?

Helen I really don't know how this forum works I,m hoping that this was a reply to my question, I'm not being difficult but this is not my autograph but I'm friends with the person who acquired it, they don't know I'm asking, but I've been following this whole thread from when it started and I am alarmed at all the evidence that has been brought up here and really worried for them, if one of the experts can answer for me I will get in touch with them

Sharon if you have been following you may have seen post from those that knew Michael for decades, Michael did not sign a date to his autographs in the later years, i hope Roger or others can pop on here and reply to you, if you are in a real hurry you can get an initial opinion for free (i think, help Steve) from PSA/DNA http://www.psacard.com/

Good Luck

No hurry its just been bugging me the more I think about it if you get me
Also wanted an opinion if its like any fake thats been on here already, as much as I try I have not seen every post in detail

Understood, HELP!!!  lols i hope you get the answer you are looking for, im just going to post the actual image for you,

Its a hard one. There are some things that say yes and some things that are questionable. I agree that it is not usual to see a date on his autographs but he did do that at times. Im thinking if someone asked him to write the date- he may oblige. The way 2006 goes is strange but I dont think its beyond MJ to make it fancy-as we see here that same "D" style as in the Tomkins Bush display item at the Autry museum and we thought it was strange, but then we saw it again on a David Gest personal signature. So, here is the third one we've seen like that. This note is saying Thanks so it was a heart felt personal thing which the other 2 were also that had that same flair added to them. So I'm tending to lean towards that this could be authentic. I'm glad you posted it. We are still learning things with this discussion group. I would think if someone was going to fake something they wouldn't add that flair and especially that same "D" that is more uncommon. Remember plain autographs and times when he was signing multiple items are different then when he had time to write a personal note or autograph in private.

Sharon,

MJ was an artist and occasionally signed some flamboyant autographs. This could be one of them, but it's way beyond my pay grade. You need expert advice on it. I'd send it in for an online opinion at www.rogerepperson.com. It's $15 and he's the best on MJ.

Ok as its not mine I may or may not inform my friend as I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, its a tough call to make, thank you anyway xxx

Thank you Steve, i was just going through a bunch of letters etc i have collect, the "T" in thanks is a problem, as well as the "and." The "F" in family is not MJ style either, "Y" is mostly not joined on to the next letter.. and yes u are right about the sig, Mike did some odd ones now and then, i hope its a good one for Sharons sake,

The signature looks unusually fancy but real to me. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service