We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DB,

Again I have to ask you: Where did you hear that I had conversations with the Jackson estate, and that they weren't interested?

I don't know who to contact with the Jackson Estate to even ask.

OK, DB. I'll tell everyone what Darren Julien told me, since it seems it's being used to try to harm this discussion. I'll talk about it shortly.

Miko isn't relevant to the discussion. That's why he wasn't mentioned before.

And the reason it needed to be mentioned is that Julien's position claims that attempts to contrast what they are selling with "known authentic (or perceived to be)" examples of Jackson's signatures, "in some cases" were signed by Miko.   Thus, it that is true and there has been no evidence to refute that then it would indicate a lack of credibility on those that rely upon it to make a comparative argument.  It's too bad the examples weren't clearly identified.  That why it is very relevent.

DB,

It's a red herring.

If there is no substance to it then yes but there appears to be substance.  And as such the issue of "credibility" is impeached (legal term look it up) if these non-authentic items are being used in any capacity as a baseline to create an argument as to why what Juliens is selling are not authentic.

DB  - the Miko sigs are nothing more than rumor. No one has ever seen one to my knowledge. However, I have sigs from Michael pre-Victory up through the late 90's. ALL of them look more or less the same and ALL of them feature certain unique tells that I associate MJ with. NONE of them look even remotely like the CRAP in this auction. 

BUT, if you insist on the Miko angle being relevant, are we to believe that Miko was signing MJ's name for him years before they were even acquainted? And on contracts? And driver's licenses?

DB,

I agree with Miko being very relevent at this time, since it has been refered to a number of times in this discussion. What would be the most important part and may help everyone here is If it has been said "That Miko Brando has signed for Michael Jackson"

* Who has said this?

* Who was it said to?

* When was it said and is this anywhere in writting?

Miko is NOT relevant, please MOVE ON, you're wasting time!
Even IF Miko signatures exist it does not matter because we have enough KNOWN authentic MJ signatures to compare to Bush auction.

Can someone please make a side by side picture comparison of FAKE vs REAL with autographs from Michael we got IN-PERSON and known 1000% not to be Miko's, so Julien can not invoke that excuse. Use Justin's personal autographs and notes, mine, and I will try to post some more of some of my friends'.

I would do it but only have an iPhone and no desktop with image editing program.

Mike - I thought you had a great relationship with Miko? Could you not ask him directly or get a writing sample?

This Miko thing is a perfect excuse for those wishing to muddy the water. 

The Bush/Tompkins sigs are fake. Period. 

Mj fan,
This little discussion has now reached the right hands and is being 
taken seriously. I have never been quoted as saying anywhere in this discussion that I had a great relationship with Miko.
  It is important to stick to the facts and watch for any misquotes. I had said "I have a connection with Miko and I was going to try and post a copy of his signature." I was 1st waiting for more facts on what and who brought Miko Brando into this discussion about the Michael Jackson Auction. 

Mj fan what you have said "

""Since when is associates/roadies/groupies/handlers signing a sig for an unsuspecting fan an unusual occurrence? Happens all the time, guys.

It does not negate all the authentic, tried and true sigs found on the vast majority of fan items, official documents, etc.""

is very true and a good comment. I agree it has been said about almost any celebrity that is often seen in public with a good friend or an employee. It is a common thought especially when items are brought backstage , to a hotel room, on a bus or into a car for signing. It is easily said and assumed but into proven it would be nothing more then a rumor. In many of these cases we do have verification, examples or testimony. With Miko, I have seen anything more then rumor and that will never explain the volume of styles of Jackson authentic and non authentic autographs.

All's I'm saying is that plenty of people were/are willing to fake MJ's signature. We don't need testimony or evidence to support that statement. That's what you would call common sense.

So if Miko signed (or didn't - who really cares), there are plenty of others who have faked MJ's sig. This does not negate the real, authentic sigs.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service