We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Steve,
I have got a same opinion as Wendy. They are forgeries, not hand-signed. A pity my English is horrible - I want to say - it is not his "style"...
Josef,

I haven't seen you around here in a long time! Thanks for your input. You're English is fine. Don't be a stranger.
Mj fan,
We are dealing with a major auction house and one of the top costume designers in the world. There is proof of their connection to Michael Jackson for over 25 years.
This does not have nothing to do how to authenticate the autographs, it is more about how you make a professional and educated evaluation of the signatures in question. You must 1st do hours of investigation into all the facts and theories on why these signature do not match any known exemplars. As a professional autograph authentication is more then just making a statement of "good" or "bad", a professional and detailed cases for your decision is deserved and needed in this situation.
There are many professional autograph authenticators and I do not see any just jumping into this discussion without getting all there thoughts together.

If P.A.A.S. put hours into the "quick opinion" offered to me a few years back (or maybe even 5 minutes?) perhaps we wouldn't be having this discussion. I've seen your MJ opinions elsewhere, on certs, ebay etc. (as well as my own direct experience with your company) and I just don't think you know MJ sigs very well, that's all. And that's my professional opinion.

But that's besides the point. What is obvious here is that these are clearly fakes. It doesn't take a trained eye to see that. Or does it? In that case, perhaps I should start an authentication business touting myself as an MJ pro? My success rate can't be any worse than others I've seen doing this kind of business, could it?

It just ain't Mike, but what it is is a poor attempt by Michael Lee Bush to fool the public, Shame he just did not realize you can NOT fool MJFam
More here http://teammichaeljackson.com/archives/6737

It is not Michael Bush who tries to fool the fans. What would he have to gain by this????????  Not a thing in fact. 

It is you, who has commenced the rumours, the unfounded allegations, the spitful messages and posts all over the internet.

The items of clothing once worn by Michael Jackson and owned by Michael Lee Bush, would sell to fans whether autographed or not.  Michael Lee Bush, has done something wonderful for all the fans, and that is take his book, and some of Michael's clothing to people who cannot come to America to see these wonderful things.  He did this out of the kindness of his heart and out of love for Michael.

You are trying to start a war and division of fans with your jealousy, your envy and your lack of self-esteem hoping to make friends. This is not the way to go about it and it needs to stop, before the law steps in to protect the innocent.

What does anybody on this website have to gain by having an open, honest discussion? We're all adults with valid opinions, so why the veiled threats?

Because they don't have any important thing to put on table and only give empty opinions... Dont put attention on them!

It was just as heartbreaking for ALL of Michael Jackson's fans who have been researching the facts of this matter to accept the truth being revealed by Michael Lee Bush himself via his own actions in the past 2 years. And I can see you are having the same difficult time with that actuality.

Yet for those of us who have spent EXTENSIVE time gathering, sorting, researching and comparing signatures pertaining to this Julien's-Bush auction, alongside those signatures either officially produced by Michael Jackson, witnessed to have been signed by MJ first hand, certified to have been signed by an esteemed, learned appraiser, or simply just recognized via distinctive signature characteristics that anyone who's studied Michael Jackson's signature over the years would grow to recognize - LIKE THE BACK OF THEIR HAND - we see what is overtly presented before us.

I do agree with you on your final point.

IT (the greed) DOES need to stop.

And legally protecting the innocent: Michael, the integrity of his signature, and his ULTIMATE LEGACY - are of the utmost importance.

"What would he have to gain by this??????" maybe $$$$$$  He did this out of the kindness of his heart?  what?!!!! are you kidding me?!!!  LOfreaking L

Roger, care to share your thoughts on the almost 300 autographs in the auction? or the ones posted here from the auction?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service