We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Same here, my signature becomes scribbly and messy, as my arm and hand aches with constant use.

Aches doing what Debbie?

Your comments leave me thinking: Will she receive money after the auction?!

How do you know thier financial situation?  Who are you to make such a statement?

God Bless the crazies, Lord knows they need it,, Who, What, Why is not the point, they are fakes is the point!!

Speak only for yourself Taaj when you use the word crazies, judge not other fans in their Analytical opinions.

MJ fan,

You seem very bitter about an online examination that we have done for you that was not likely authentic.
Many collectors that have purchased autographs especially of their idol are not happy when they find out that they have been fooled and now own a worthless piece of paper..
There is no reason for attacks, I have been invited to join in and help with the examination and authentication of these autographs.For the past two years I have been working daily with Michael Jackson autograph examinations and authentications. I have been directly involved with The Jackson family and estate on the problems and concerns about the Michael Jackson autographs that are being sold at auctions and throughout the industry.
It is going to be impossible for me to continue putting up exemplars and facts, if I have to deal with you at this time. Other members are allowed to express there opinions here as well, there is not reason for you to attack anyone who has a different view then you do.
Even if a disagree I am interested in their opinions, who know maybe we all can learn something. That is unless you are a handwriting expert and a professor of autographs, then just show your credentials and everyone else could just go home.

So if that is your opinion, then I am automatically, incontrovertibly wrong? Just another dumb, uneducated collector burned? If only it were that easy.

Too funny! I'll take the 6 other FREE pro opinions and 1 paid that all agree my item is legit. Along with my own eyes that work just as well as yours.

I said my piece and I stand 100% by what I said. I'm just a fan who has a bone to pick with people who don't know MJ's sig any better than I do, who advertise themselves as pros. And the good people of this website and other MJ fans have a right to my opinion, just as they do to yours.

Good luck with your business, Mike. That is all.

Well said. Thank you and It would be great if you also can post a few examples of authentic Michael Jackson autographs and if you can explain your opinion as to why this signature could not be Michael Jackson's. This is how we all can work together and maybe we can grt something important done here.

Don't need to. I'm not a pro or interested in making money off my uneducated opinion. I offer my opinion for free on this board all the time and I'd like to think my track record speaks for itself. Nobody has to believe what I say. I know the truth. I trust my eyes and I'll be absolutely shocked to find out these are accepted as real come the final say. Truly, absolutely shocked.

Hmmmmmm. Wonder how Debbie happens to know right-off to refer to TeamMichael777 as Taaj?
I further question how Debbie cannot seem to recognize that which a child could clearly see.
NO QUESTIONS ASKED? I see. Operative.

I have been collecting autographs of Michael Jackson for many years and own 27 items signed by him. All vary, depending on how, where and why they were signed.  The more he signed at one time, the slacker his signature became. The best example of this was at his fan greeting at the Virgin Mega store in New York in 2001.  Many started out similar, but as he became weary, the signature became rough and scribbly. Watch this in the 2 hour video of him signing.  

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service