We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And when I say we were there everyday, I mean ALL day EVERY day until the day he died, from early morning before he ever left the house, until late at night when he came home from rehearsal, and we went EVERYWHERE he went, iincluding to Dr. Klein's (pictures of us with him at Dr. Klein's everytime he went from the paparazzi who were also there EVERY time) and he never went to Bush house afterwards.

How do we tell Darren we know this story is not true??

Am I under the wrong impression they would want to know the truth for their reputation?
Or they just want to go with this regardless for the $$$ ??

It will seemingly (assuredly) fall on deaf ears, but you should post your factual experiences on (Darren) Julien's FB page.

I doubt he will listen Sandy, hes good at avoiding when he wants to. Ive  written to him before and he answered always so I thought he was a great guy, but soon as you question something he does the mysterious no answer when he cant get you to fall for the lies. 

Its amazing how liars cant keep up with the lies. Like know one can follow through. I really think they have been getting away with so much for so long they feel invinsible. Its like the Bank Robber who trys to get that one last big haul and gets caught. 

Darren@Juliensauctions.com Try it- nothing to lose.

I am sorry, I wish I could be more involved right now. I will be back on Wen. and have fowarded almost all of the post to some of the appropriate members of the Jackson family. It looks like the discussion has gone in the correct direction. Myself and some other professionals have to be careful in the way things are stated on this forum. The word opinion is also very important to be used right now on in this discussion.
I think there are some great examples of handwriting and signatures posted for analysis in this discussion. Please stay on that path and please try to add as many professional opinions as possible.  Send out e-mails and make phone calls to all known autograph authenticators or respected autograph dealers. I have not seen an official statement from any other autograph authentication company as of yet.
 I have not seen any autograph dealer or autograph authenticator disagree or show any examples or facts that would contradict the autograph findings and theories expressed in this discussion.
Please list as many opinions (negative or positive) from respected Dealers and Autograph Authenticators.
The "E" in Love is a key factor and the letter "H" in Michael as well as the "C" and the connection to the "H' in Michael. The comparison between Michael Bush's signature and Michael Jackson's signature is something I am still working on and it is important to continue showing examples.
I think it is great to see so many people that love autograph collecting and that love Michael Jackson working together. This is not about hate or in anyway against Julien's Auction Company, The purpose is to help Julien's Auction company realize the concerns of the autograph community on the authentication of some of the autographs listed in there upcoming auction.
I would like to note that I have offered my autograph authentication services free of charge and I have promised to have a detailed professional analysis of the issues and concerns of these autographs with examples for Julien's Auctions.

Great Mike. Sorry about the loss of your friend. He was a great boxer.

Ive been trying to find pics of old items signed before Michael passed. Not saying forgeries didnt take place then, but it seems less likely. Anyweay here is something that sold at Auction in 2007. Not only am I trying to discredit these signatures but trying to find anything that is close. This one is closer than any Ive seen.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4226475454158&set=a.4225...

Michael Jackson forgeries have been around as long as I've been in the business. We identified a major source of MJ forgeries in the UK last summer, and it appears that his forgeries started appearing on the market before MJ died.

Thanks Steve. I assume its the case of anyone famous, just that the market would be more flooded after his passing- stands to reason. But someone of MJ's fame - I can surely see being faked for a long time. But his autographs never brought that much money before so but when the prices go up the more wolves come to prey.

Bless you and thank you again, Michael.  Thanks to you and Steve for having the kind of courage and ethics rarely seen today. You are both appreciated more than you know.

Roger is heading over here now,,,,, 

Wendy,

Thanks for telling us about the Invincible signing video. Here are screenshots of the two autographs shown in the video starting at about 18:50 that you pointed us to:

Can you believe what people have already bid for these items that you professional signature authentications have stated ARE FAKE MJ SIGNATURES?

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/?page=1

The sad thing is that if you can't trust the signed memorabilia, how can you trust the unsigned memorabilia? It's all from the same source.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service