We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes he started to see klein as far as end of the 80's. 

But all of those autographs looks like as if they were made all in once

That's true.
To clarify, when Michael left Klein's he was NOT in some drug induced stupor.
The way the media and Julien's depicts Michael is inaccurate and exaggerated.
Michael was not so messed up on drugs leaving Klein's that he needed to "recover".
Michael was walking and talking and coherent, he was not in a "state" where he didn't know what was going on, and he often went to rehearsals or shopping within a couple hours, he wasn't in need of "recovery".
You can even see in YouTube videos the "state" Michael was in leaving Kleins, he speaks to fans and paparazzi, there is no shortage of paparazzi video.
▶ Reply
Edit 15 minutes left to edit your comment.

Thats correct Sandy, he may have taken things or been given pain killers that he needed but most of the time even if he loked a little sleepy he was able to function and sign and do normal things. Thats why the drugged state doesnt fly with me as an excuse for the different signatures. 

And another point- they say they have video of him signing but cant show it because of his "state". Well, I say we have already seen or at least heard the worst- like the audio from the trial. What difference does it make now. We already know Michael used pain killers at times. I think its way over exaggerated that he was a drug addict. He used drugs for real pain and issues and most of it was in the evenings- trying to sleep.

Karen replied via twitter "I'm sure MJ's security team could verify that better than I can."
In other words, no comment.
It was worth a try.

Btw, for those that don't know Karen Faye was Michael's makeup artist for 20+ years and her and Bush were usually around Michael at same times.
Can you believe what people have already bid for these items that you expert professional signature authentications have stated ARE FAKE MJ SIGNATURES???

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/?page=1

were they an item at one time? I mean I saw that video Karen released of Michael and Bush in the dressing trailer during Moonwalker filming. She edited the part where she was zooming in on Bush's behind and she said something like theres my mans booty.

Charlotte, Bush is gay, Tomkins was his partner.

Okay- it was probably just joking around. I didnt want to assume he was gay but never knew it for sure. It would be stereotypical of me wouldnt it- clothing designer. Oh well.

I've been blocked from Michael Bush's Facebook page.
I didn't even post anything inflammatory there and I actually sent him a nice message...whatever.

i wonder why...

Last week, MLB told some of us at his booksigning that he hired someone to watch his facebook to get rid of the "jealous" people.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service