We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here you go, Steve. I hope a Works doc will open for you.  If not I can send you a WordPad doc, but then we lose the double spacing.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Thanks, Wendy. I'll make suggestions to you...and to everyone. First I'll delete the reply.

Hi Wendy,

I hope you don't mind me giving advice.

If you want to get people's attention, the letters should be brief, calm and to the point. No words in bold, or in all caps, except acronyms. No exclamation marks, etc.

Long or incendiary emails tend to be considered junk and are often ignored. Keep your emails to about 150 words or less and stick to the primary topic. The news agencies don't care about Michael Jackson. They care about getting the attention of their audience with exciting, interesting or important news. 

Most of the addresses I saw on the email list go to public feedback offices, and not to journalists. You generally need to get the attention of journalists.

These are my thoughts, anyway. Good luck with this. I'll be talking to a few people too.

Not at all, I appreciate your perspective.  I will try and work on another edit of these. I've also been sending tweets and FB posts to some journalists, and using news site tips lines. Thanks again.

Wendy can you please format the email addresses so they can be copies & pasted into the TO: field of an email.
Separation by semi colon is not working for me.
I don't have a desktop PC (only iPhone) so I can't do it.

Do you want them separated with a comma or just a space between each address?

I saved the addresses if you need them, Sandy.

I don't know if I lost you or not Sandy but here's an attachment with the contact addresses.

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Steve, I hope my sample letters are acceptable. Please let me know if you want me to change anything - I'll delete my post and re-post if needed. Thank you.

Here are 2 other authentic Michael Jackson 8x10's up above. 

Great examples of original MJ autographs

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service