On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to 1st add a few exemplars that I believe there will not be any debates about.
These are authentic examples of Michael Jackson's signature.

Mike, I'm fairly certain most of us taking part in this discussion recognize legit MJ.

An overwhelming # of us are crying foul because these new items at auction look N O T H I N G like what we know and recognize as legit MJ! Nothing!

Sharon look through the catalog i posted link to, the same sig that appears on this site appears in the catalog on some costumes, thank you

These are from Wendy

from Wendy, one of the sigs on the memorabilia is dated 1990, which is very close to this date, i will post it next

Hi do you have these for sale? Open to offers?

Here is another Michael Jackson signature that nobody should have an issue with.

Mr Frost these are all from official docs http://twitpic.com/bdvnir/full

Yes thank you for the help.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service