We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello guys,

I'm thinking of buying these two items from K9GRAPHS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ben-Affleck-Batman-vs-Superman-SIGNED-8x10-...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Al-Pacino-The-Godfather-SIGNED-8x10-RARE-K9...

I did my homework and am aware that K9 is a legit seller when it comes to SW stuff (as it comes from his own collection, to my understanding). Should I expect the same level of legitimacy for items non SW-related? I'm pretty interested in these two items and figure they aren't THAT expensive for legit items...

What do you guys think? The seller and these two items...

Thanks in advance!

JH

Tags: Affleck, Al, Ben, Pacino

Views: 2976

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike, you can't leave a comment like that hanging out there.....please do tell, what wouldn't you want in your collection?

I will be happy to, but please do not misunderstand me.  I am not saying that the autographs that concern me are not authentic.  I am simply saying that they are atypical.

Do you consider this to be typical of a George Lucas autograph?  I am sure that it is authentic considering the reputation of the seller, but I would simply not want to own it in my personal collection.

I hate both Lucas graphs, but he signed them in front of me....that's the name of the game when you are chasing someone around the city asking for a graph, you get what they give and you suck it up. When you are in the trenches you are just happy if they put "pen to paper" 

There are no promises that any graph is going to look good in the streets, and seeing something like that K9 sample says it all to me. What forger would offer that for sale? 

I certainly wouldn't pay a lot for that muffler, but if I did buy it, I'd sleep well knowing it was real.

I agree completely it wouldn't be high on my list of stuff to own if I didn't have Lucas, but if I needed the shot and ordered it from K9.....I'd have no choice but to pay.

The old "Pen to Paper" rule for in the streets. Every chaser I know stands by it, you ordered it, they signed it, you pay for it.  

I agree Pete.  You obviously trust this seller, and that speaks volumes.  I have my own guy in New York City who I purchase from.  I would still not purchase a sloppy autograph from him.  As a matter of fact, I have passed on a J. J. Abrams autograph recently because I would rather wait for one that appears to be more typical.  I would be happy to send you an image of it if you are interested in seeing it.

Kenny Baker, Phil Brown, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill all appear to be very typical to me, and I would have no problem adding them to my collection.  I am not sure if I would add the Irvin Kershner autograph to my collection.  I hope that this clears things up Pete.

One last thing.  The Irvin Kershner autograph that I referred to above is the autograph on the color photo.  In spite of the smudge, I actually like the autograph on the black and white photo better.  I also like most of the Frank Oz autographs, but I would definitely pass on the autographed photo of Yoda holding the lightsaber.  There are too many nicer Frank Oz autographs to choose from in the seller's inventory.

The Lucas I would pass on as well, I'll have to go look at the Kersh, but the Oz I actually really like.....perfect sample of his in person, crowd signature and the flow is perfect k to O. 

As I have said before you can only take the signature the person gives you whether it's a squiggle. Both of those shown are authentic, probably rushed but real

Just stumbled over this old thread while looking for something else.

Have to say that in my personal experience, the Star Wars collecting community would be a far less interesting place without both Pete and K9.

Pete has helped me several times and I have bought from K9 many times.

There are no 2 people involved in autograph collecting that I trust more.

Pete has helped countless people here and never asked for a thing. He deserves all the accolades he gets!

I agree with you Ian, he helped me countless times with questions I've asked on authenticity on certain items I've asked about. Saved me a lot of money and I've gotten nice pieces because of that, that I can trust. I've gotten better at learning the graphs I know now because of him. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service