We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Personalized Grapfruit Fred Astaire, John and Yoko

Here is a interesting piece personalized to Fred Astaire( the gay divorce movie) signed John and Yoko with inscription.

Does it look legit?

Views: 814

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you buy it? I asked them what they wanted and replied 3k the issue for me if it was personalized to Fred not so much authentic although im not familiar with Yoko.

Johns first Mrs passed away.

I messaged you.
No i didn't receive it. Maybe someone else.
It's in the inbox

I love this. Where and when was this signed? "Keep on trucking" What a great inscription.

Signed at a hotel where they were staying in 71. Nearly bought it but I aquired another awesome item.
This is a fantastic example of a Lennon signature and funny too.
Thanks for Sharing it Paul.

OK Paul,

What about this singed Grapefruit Book from Iconic Auctions?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/14bcd2c89425913f?projector=1

The link didn't work. Anyway has spiked a interest in grapefruit books, is your one the first or second pressing Dave?

You know, you're right, Dave. That is a cool inscription, particularly if it was, in fact, inscribed to an elderly Fred Astaire. It would be like he was telling Fred Astaire to just keep on living life to the fullest, even if he was getting old. The inscription makes sense; so, that's why I think it was probably real. I thought about making an offer myself, but I kind of want a full signature, not just the first name.

Yes, I'd wait for a full signature. My Grapefruit book has a very clean and unrushed full signature.

Yoko signed it too. The book is in very good shape. It's spine is fine. The pages are a bit yellowed

from age. The jacket is in pretty good shape too. Yes, wait for a full signature even at the expense of caricatures. Plus, you don't know who he signed for. Don't believe a seller's story unless you know them or they are well known and respected themselves.

Another personalized Grapefruit on ebay Item number 181643011147. The seller said he painted a picture for john and in return got this book full of poetry. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service