We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I'm not exactly sure how consignments work and would appreciate some advice on this particular seller and consignments in general. Good ? Bad ? Thanks !

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The seller sells the item or items for someone else for a percentage of the sale.  I believe that is a consignment. 

I guess I don't follow - why would you even need to consign on Ebay?  

Some people don't want to bother with making the listings and shipping everything... a lot of people have built businesses around the whole "i'll sell your stuff on ebay" model.  Also, with autographed items, ebay is always more lenient to sellers with extensive histories.

Start a brand new ebay account, list an unquestionably authentic beatles autograph.. it'll be removed in 24 hours.  At least that has been my experience in the past.  Just easier to consign it to Perry Cox and have him sell it. 

Exactly what Mike said, I don't know if it's worth it yet but the fees and shipping are a pain to deal with. I've looked into selling some things on Ebay, but their fees are so confusing and rediculous for small time collectors like myself. I'm just trying to sell a few autographed items, all with reputable COA's. I just don't know if I would be better off biting the bullet and dealing with Ebay myself or have a consignment person do it. Has anybody had any experience with Probstein ? Mike, is Perry Cox who that is ?

No, Perry Cox is a big beatles dealer.. I don't know who Probstein is.. I would suggest you try with one item first, if you like the results then give him the rest to sell.

Rick is the man...I have never consigned items with him but bought thousands of dollars of amazing pieces off him...every thing you here on here is true...he would sell your item and get a percentage of the sale... that's how it works....plain and simple...plus he usually has thousands of items up for sale weekly so your items would probably get much views as well...

I have purchased several items from him as well and you're right, he always has tons of stuff. I just wasn't sure how the consignment part went and if it would be worth it. With everything said on here, I think it's probably the best route for me to go. Thank you so much for the info.

Sometimes a bonus with consignments are if they sell a lot they may have a large clientele who add them to fav sellers and therefore more people will see your item.

Also if your item is fake someone else deals with te backlash

I always seem to put Probstein items items on my watch list as I work on my MLB HOF collection and it seems he does get higher prices a lot of the time, but whether or not it makes up for the percentage he takes I don't know. 

Thank you so much for all of your input and suggestions. I'm going to call him next week and get the low down on all of the details, I think that's going to be my best bet to sell some of the items I have. All of my items have reputable COA's from Upper Deck, PSA/DNA, Mounted Memories, Steiner, etc. so that part shouldn't be a problem. The shipping is what's going to kill me on some of these items because they're large.... framed jerseys, pics, footballs, etc. Thanks again guys, this site has been a life saver for me the past few years. I've learned a TON from all of you !

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service