We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Last price update was March 29 2021:

Prices have pretty much stayed the same for now. My suggestion for those considering selling their pieces is still to wait if interested in a good profit. Especially for when (God forbid) any other member goes up to the big gig in the sky. Value will jack up. For now, current value is updated under "quick guide" below.

**Due to the Coronavirus putting folks out of work, the last few items I've seen sold since the outbreak have been sold undervalue. Up to the point of massive layoffs and furloughs, prices have stayed within the range listed below. Because of this, I believe the dip in value to be temporary. If considering selling a Queen related item, I suggest holding off until the world's economy is back on track. In a year's time I do expect prices to be back as they had been. People don't seem to be buying or selling right now, and this low period is to be expected with the current state of events.**

Fred: Alone and on paper (the most basic of autographs) are currently valued at $900-$1,200 for any that arent from the last year of his life. 1991 is valued higher at around around $1,200-1,500. On albums, posters and photos, take those numbers and add 5 to 700 more to each item. Now the living members: John seems to stay around $75-120 for paper and another 50-75 for albums, posters and photos. Roger: about the same, usually a bit less for the same items. Same goes for brian. They sign daily. Multiple times a day. They arent rare. Now for the whole band: a fully signed paper can range from $2.5 to 3K depending on the quality ect. Fully signed albums, poster and photos are now averaging at about 3.5 to 4.5K USD. Innuendo and Mircale items going for more. 4.5K to 6K depending on the item (taking into account a more realistic figure for those 6 and 7K innunedo posters).

Quick guide:

Freddie Mercury (individually):

• 1970s to 1988 on paper and alone= $900-$1,200 USD.
  • Earlier signatures (from his time in college or boarding school) would be double that.
  • 1989-1991 on paper= $1,200 to 1,500 USD.
  • Posters, albums, and photos= take the average price per year on paper and add another 500-700.

John Deacon (individually): John is retired but does indeed still sign both TTM and in person.

• Paper= $75-120.
  • Posters, albums and photos, add another 50-75 USD. 

Roger Taylor (individually):

• paper= $30 to 65.
  • Posters, photos and albums= $55 to 100

Brian May (individually): same a Roger. 

Fully signed items:

• Paper= 2.5K to 3K USD.
  • Albums, posters and photos= 3.5K to 4.5K USD. 
  • Innunedo and Mircale items (being the last pieces Freddie was around to sign while also not attending promo functions or public events)= 4.5K to 6K [taking taking into account a more realistic figure for those 6 and 7K innunedo posters]

Views: 6445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is exactly why you're the most trusted source in Queen autographs Innuendo. Thanks for this. By paper autographs I'm assuming you mean just on plain paper and not tickets as well?

Thanks for the kind words, J. Yes by paper I did only mean plain paper and not tickets. Fully signed tickets (assuming they're all signed on the same side so they can be easily framed and viewed) bring in big bucks as well. Theres a nice genuine full set of 70s sigs on a ticket on Ebay now and it would have sold sooner and for more money had it all been signed on one side. Unfortunately, freddie was signed on side A while the others were all on side B. Beautiful item but not easy to frame, I'm afraid. An item like that would likely be bought for its value in Queen History vs its ability to be shown and displayed if that makes sense. 

Ya that makes sense. Thank you 

I save this. Thanks a ton.

Not a problem, Danny. Glad it's of help

Innunedo my father has a signed queen album from freddie signed in 1991. He got it through Seamus. It's a black album with white or silver ink. He did not make it out to my dad he said he didnt think Seamus had heard him properly when he asked him to get it to Freddie but they met a few times near Freddie's home. Its dated 1991 as well. Would you be able to tell us what it's worth? I'd be happy to send you a photo when I go visit my dad in the next few weeks. Should that be through email or can I send photos through private message here?

If its genuine, it would probably be the white whale of Freddie autographs. A black album would mean it could be Jazz, A Day At The Races or maybe Queen 2 or Magic. All of those would look incredible with white or silver. And without a name dedication with the year included? If it's real itll sell for at least 3K at auction. Maybe even more. Freddie was very sick by then and didnt sign much. I've only ever seen silver/white on black less than 15 times in my 40 years of collecting. He signed a few black singles in silver around 85 but 85 and 91 are two very different things. If it's real, its definitely the only one of it's kind from that year. 

Seamus? You mean Jim Hutton. His family and friends called him that. He let my wife call him that but not me! Lol. 

I'd be very excited to see it. Please do send it via PM here. You can send photos through message here.  

Thanks. Ya it was Jim Hutton. Sorry but I dont know the name of their albums off my head. It was like the white album they had only black. It hung in our family room for years then sat in a box when my dad moved house in 2012. I dont think hes touched it much since then. I'll send you photos as soon as I get there. He'll want help sorting through boxes to find it I'm sure. Thanks again. 

Ah, that'd be a day at the races. Well, I look forward to seeing it and I hope your dad got a solid piece. Joe Fanelli (Freddie's ex), Peter Freestone (his PA) and Jim Hutton (his lover) all took items in a few times during 91 but while some items were signed by freddie, others were signed for him. So unfortunately, just getting it from jim does not guarantee you a genuine item. I often wonder how many copy cats spy in on threads like this and attempt to fake items after we discuss value. To any that may be watchin', dont bother. I can spot a fake Freddie a mile away and 91 Freddie's are even more complicated. 

I understand. I'm sure Freddie couldnt sign everything by that point. If it is real would it be possible for you to write a letter for my dad if he wants to sell it? Letting the buyer know it's real and it's been checked out

A letter from me wouldnt amount to much. I'm not a certified/paid authenticator. But you can try getting an loa from Roger Epperson if it turns out to be genuine. He also does $15 quick opinions through his website. That may give some buyers more peace of mind. 

All the best

Thanks.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service