We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Garry King is well liked by some but I see a big problem with some of the items I see on his site.  I'm not referring to Kenny Baker and other small bits but rather the large $$ music items.

Dealers in the UK might not be aware of current music item that they offer for sale.  In another thread several autographs from Autografica were deemed fake.  The items were Clint Eastwood, Charlton Heston and Harrison Ford.

He might not know there is a problem. 

Tags: Charlton, Clint, Eastwood, Ford, Garry, Harrison, Heath, King, Ledger, Philippe, More…Ryan, heston

Views: 33440

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your right nobodys perfect,but the way he talked on this site about other people he should have kept his mouth shut.

I can't argue with you there. It has been uncomfortable hearing all of the mudslinging.

I would like to add that, for many years, Steve Cyrkin has been an uncle, friend, councilor, and saint to all of us, including me. Both on the public boards and through private messages, he has generously helped me return to my love of collecting autographs. That's not to mention what he goes through each and every day to keep this site up and running for all of us to enjoy.

Thanks Steve.

Thanks for the kind words, Peter. Don't listen to DB below.

Not sure of the "he" in this however if he hadn't thrown fuel on the fire... perhaps this thread would never have been.   Now, we have dozens of forgeries, someone whose has been called out and several "respected dealers" caught up with their inventories.

I don't give a rat's riddly rear-end as there is no excuse whatsoever from a collector's viewpoint.  We can make up every excuse there is as well as cast out "possibilities & reasons" for the differences but the bottom line is;  People Didn't do their Jobs!  Plain & Simple.  

and the ever sadder part is - this situation appeared to have been a known.

and saint to all of us  - @Peter, I realize it's a play on words but cyrkin ain't no saint, just well intentioned.   

These MJ forgeries have been posted here for years. It wasn't until Roger was able to identify the source (Adrian) and provide exemplars and tips that there was convincing evidence for the UK. These WERE the standard of authenticity for many UK dealers.

BWilliams made it happen sooner than it would have.

Since I hadn't seen them on anyones site (not that I check others sites that much) I had no idea how viral these had become.  I only know about them because of a Houston collector and DEAR friend of mine (who I am having lunch with tomorrow) brought these to my office and I told him the bad news about his dear friend selling him fake autographs.  Adrian also has a huge stash of McCartney autographs that are really just plain horrible.

U are absolutely right Roger.  It isn't your job to save the UK AFTAL organization either as they ought to have been completely capable of sniffing that something was wrong.  I believe Garry said on the original thread; As i think Steve said earlier, if you stick with UACC Registered Dealers or AFTAL dealers then you cannot go far wrong.

It is excellent you have come forward as this appearsan equivalent of the Heston discovery based on volume.   Perhaps a feature article.   .

Did I say that?

Garry claimed you did in his comment.

I think AFTAL and the UACC RD are both good, reputable dealer organizations that try hard to protect collectors. But I don't think any autograph dealer organization monitors their members to the level that we'd like them to.

Where is this damm Adrian post???? Must have overlooked but on what page????

No, it was posted yesterday in this discussion. Adrian deleted it and quit the site.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service