We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Well, there's actually nothing questionable about them to me; I'm just being polite. Among the problems are the completely wrong 'S' and the fact that he simply doesn't write such a large signature.

ebay seller: jwantitihaveit 98.3% Positive feedback

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stan-lee-autograph-SPIDERMAN-WOLVERINE-/251...

Here are 2 completed items from the same seller that I reported when they were first listed. Nothing was done and they were sold to unwitting buyers.

Here's the nice generic signing picture used for "proof", which was appropriated from this blog about the London Super Comic Convention

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2012/02/28/london-super-comic-conventio...

Here are a couple of legit Stan Lee CGC Signature Series autographs for quick comparison.

Views: 16086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! I had the poster hanging in my basement with one of those cheap Wal-Mart poster frames but now that its signed I'm definitely going to get it framed nicely haha. 

If Stan signed this, it was with his right foot instead of his left hand.

What's your opinion on these?  I obtained them from Stan Lee myself during the 12:00 p.m. signing at the 2013 Fan Expo in Toronto on August 23.  He signed one (1) mini-Captain America shield, two (2) Iron Man masks, and one (1) Spider-Man mask for me.  If I didn't also have actual photos of him signing each item ... I'd almost doubt their authenticity.  My only explanation is that he might have had difficulty signing the masks (somewhat uneven surface?), which perhaps accounts for the somewhat shaky signature ... or maybe he was just tired that day.  Or ... maybe I'm just starting to doubt any signatures I have in my collection ... even those I obtain myself in-person!  Regardless, I'd appreciate your comments.     

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Here's the photos of Stan actually signing the items.

I went to go get a poster signed by him at the same signing. He was pretty shaky even on my poster that was flat against the table held by two of those attendants. I would expect something like this on an "irregularly" shaped object. 

Yes, that was my thinking also ... but I'm just used to the "standard", non-shaky Stan Lee signature that I typically get when I've met him in the past in Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc.  Anyhoo ... I appreciate your comment! 

No problem, this past Saturday was the first time I met Stan Lee and him being 90, I kind of expected some shakiness. The guy is literally a machine when it comes to signing too haha. 

The texture of the items seems to be the reason for the autographs appearing the way that they do.

May I get some opinions on this signature? Seems good to me but just wanted some others to chip in.

Thanks,

Kevin

Looks good to me.

Decided to purchase it. Paid $220, but well worth it in my opinion.

A very nice perfectly placed Stan Lee signature on a limited edition long sold out Master Replicas Thor Display. Perfect desk piece :D!

Very nice Kevin.  Congratulations.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service