We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I found this copy of "Leave Home" by the Ramones at a used CD shop in Japan. It is the Japanese version of the"Leave Home" CD (WPCP-3142), that was released in 1990. 

The CD cover appears to be signed in ballpoint pen by the 1992 Ramones lineup (from left to right): CJ Ramone, Joey Ramone, Marky Ramone and Johnny Ramone.

It appears that Joey signed his autograph as "Joey Ramone 92", so I think the CD might have been signed in 1992, if it is genuine.

However, it appears that the Ramones did not tour Japan in 1992, and only played there in 1991 and 1993. So that means that Joey signed with the wrong year (or I am reading it wrong -- maybe it says '91'?), or the CD was signed somewhere other than Japan in 1992.

Does anyone here have any Ramones items signed from 1991-1992 that I can compare these signatures with, or can offer some feedback about whether these signatures look real or not? 

Thank you in advance for any help!

Tags: Ramones

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great grab at that shop; those are indeed genuine Ramones signatures.

The year near Joey's signature appears to be '93, not 92, which would resolve that signing problem. Also, C.J. was with the band from 1989 to 1996, making the signed cover an all-around great set! Congrats!!

Thank you for your reply, and for sharing your expertise!
I've been a longtime fan, so I'm really happy to have this in my collection.

You're welcome.

And that is indeed an awesome Ramones collectible for any rock & roll collection.

I got them IP at that time, and this looks fine. 

Hard to beat having it signed in Japan!

:-)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service