We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

You come to this forum to ask for opinions on your Michael Jordan autograph. I give you my opinion and the best way to compare it to authentic UDA examples to see that it is not authentic.

You don't like the answer and suddenly ATTACK me personally. My posts were professional and since every other member of this forum agreed with my opinion, I guess I knew more than you thought.

You close the discussion after attacking me so I cannot respond.

Luckily, I have the freedom to respond to you by starting a new thread.

You were naive enough to use your actual Ebay ID in your post. 

Guess what?

Your discussion and all the posts by members of this forum will now be tied forever to your google history for your Ebay ID.

Anyone can see your unwarranted attack on me and I doubt if you win any new buyers with your foul language diatribe to someone who YOU asked for an opinion from.

Welcome to the internet!

You obviously know a lot more about autographs than you admit to because JSA and PSA/DNA were never mentioned by any member in your discussion but you concluded at the end that only UDA and them would you trust in the future.

That is an admission that you already knew about REAL 3rd party authenticators.

Please make another bombastic reply to this discussion because it will also be linked forever to your google history.

Views: 606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Randy , you are a respected member here I wouldn't worry about anything these people say. You gave an answer and tried to help but most of these types of people don't understand, they want an exact answer to how an autograph is fake. (A) we don't like giving forgers help and (B) theres not always that easy of an explanation if they cant see it for themselves.

Thanks Ian.

My only issue was the fact that the attack on me was posted and then he closed the discussion so I could not reply to him.

I have thick skin but I want the opportunity to respond when necessary.

Steve reopened the original discussion which gave me that opportunity.

closing the discussion was a cowardly thing to do. I'm glad you were able to respond.

TERRIER8, I am not a forum pro, I closed the topic after I received enough answers to know the Auto was trash. I thanked those that help & I vented my opinion of Randy to him. I was wrong for calling him names.

I closed the topic because I did not need anymore info to reassure me the auto was fake. I thought that is what I should of did, Nothing coward about it. It was re-opened & Randy got his response in & created this topic in dedication to me. I don't see what this all adds to the site but this is what it is. But trust me, no coward intentions in closing that topic. I just didn't need any more info on the auto. I also closed my other thread in regards to a Gale Sayers auto w/ NO RESPONSE in it. I determined it FAKE aswell & it has been removed from our eBay.

I have learned alot being here & appreciate you guys for helping me out.

you would be correct Rerun...A choppy Gale Sayers signed in an area he never signs on a $3.00 Chinese Jersey. With a certificate no less, made by some jack ***. I'd say you did the right thing. With Autographs Rerun, assume they are ALL fake until you prove them not fake (LOL) and you'll be better off in this ridiculous hobby.  

Iv'e quit E-bay because 90% of their autographs are Forgeries and they seem to like it that way. They don't want my business obviously so I closed my account after 14 years AND PAY PAL too. They can Bite me. Good luck out there! FUDD

I agree I was bummed about the Jordan, & Sayers. I also had a Bo Jackson I never listed but came from the same source which is a auction house here in Arizona. Me & my wife returned all 3 today & got 100% of our money back. So i am out nothing but I just thought WOW, I own a Jordan autograph, but come to find out I never really did.

I will still buy & the auction house I buy from (not just Autographs, we buy alot of other things, tools, electronics & such as well) I do not blame them, it is the scammers that consign through them. Now I know to stay away from these bogus authenticators & to look for the legit companies like UDA, JSA & such. I am hoping to pick up 2 nice jerseys this week STEVE ATWATER & DEION BRANCH from them. Both JSA & I even looked up their serials in their database yesterday & found they were legit. So I feel good in those.

I don't buy autographs from ebay because I can't resell them for profit. I just need to keep a keen eye on what my local auction house has & if the COA is from 1 of those top 3 & the price is right I will go after those. I am not a collector. I buy to make the shop look interesting to customers, & to resell for profit. eBay can't help me w/ the PROFIT GOAL.

+1

Linked to my Google history. And?

Man you are really hurt by this. Listen I apologize you were so hurt by my words. To me you came of rude this is just my opinion. 

I don't care what is linked to my google, i am not a bad person & do not hide from any of my comments. I am human & I make mistakes. I am also on Facebook, our own website & eBay. We have 99.9% positive feedback rating on eBay with over 1000 sales. I am not worried about this at all.

I never mentioned you didn't know anything, I never belittled what you knew. I DID NOT TRUST YOUR OPINION SOLEY is what I said. You seemed immature & I wanted to hear from others before deciding on what I wanted to do next. Why is that so offensive to you? People have to trust you? You came off in my opinion like a jerk.

WHAT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND is what Ian mentions which is GIVING FORGERS HELP. I didn't think of it in those terms when I was asking for why it seemed fake in your opinion. I just thought damn this sucks it is a fake Jordan Auto I paid 150$ bucks for & this guy says it is fake. I asked you for details & you IMO on the 2nd response came off like a jerk. By saying I am not going to go into details go look it up on eBay. I didn't know that was how someone would respond. I thought I'd get a detailed reason why. WHICH I DID FROM OTHERS.

We don't get along man, my attitude & yours don't mix. I'll avoid you, you avoid me. I respect you know your thing. I definitely agree you were right, but you were a jerk (IMO), a passive aggressive jerk but a jerk all the same in how you responded so it made me unconfident in you & your opinion. 

Now, I was wrong to attack you, & call you names & I apologize for that.  I am sorry to you Randy for calling you a A-Hole, it was uncalled for & rude. I hope you can accept my apology for the name calling & move on.

As Ian stated, we try not to give details for the forgers to use to become better at their craft.

Since UDA signatures are witnessed, I thought by suggesting you check them out would clarify your questions about your autograph. I was not trying to be unhelpful. I fully understand your not trusting one opinion and have no problem with that.

I'm not sure what set you off in the first place as I have re-read  my early posts and see nothing other than the fact that I mentioned you relisted the item at a lower price that could have been construed as something that makes me a jerk and that was a fact.

Granted, after you made your post and locked me out from responding, I was ticked and was going to get my side out.

You apologized and I accept it.

No hard feelings on my part and I am happy to hear that as a business person you are willing to take a loss rather than pass on a forgery.

I bought thousands of dollars of forgeries that I had to destroy back in the late 90's when there was virtually no controls on autographs. It is not a pleasant experience but forced me to become more diligent in studying autographs to prevent that from happening again.

I am not an expert but can certainly pick out obvious forgeries.

*RESPECT to you Randy ty!

I am not interested in selling trash it was a easy decision once I was confident it was trash. What set me off was you saying to go look for myself on eBay which is what I did & without knowing what to look for, I SWEAR to me it looked legit. I know I am a idiot but until I heard from some of the guys here I thought the MJ looked good. So I signed up here to get info from more educated people on the auto.

I used my eBay & shop name because I felt it was the most up front & honest way to do things. I did not have interest in hiding. I wanted to know facts, & wanted others to know me & who I was. My plan was to build a relationship here & use the site on future items I will obtain.

PS: I returned 3 items to the auction house I bought them from TODAY! We purchased the Sayers jersey, the MJ Becket & a Bo Jackson image all auto'ed from them 3 months ago (THE 1st AUTO's we have ever bought). They give a 24 hour return. This had been 3 months. But they know us & know we spend thousands w/ them & they took them back w/ no fuss. I thought we were gonna have to go to war to get a refund, but they listened we told them they were all forgeries & it went really well.

I am still bummed though that they were ALL fake. They auction so much stuff from GAI & UAA authenticators it is SICKENING. Even now they have a Jordan ball on auction from UAA, i know it is fake NOW, i see it so clearly. They also have a Charles Barkley autographed Suns Jersey for GAI, also fake IMO, I wont trust any of that stuff now. 3-4 days ago I planned on winning BOTH! Thank goodness I signed up here 1st. I never realized these AUTHENTICATORS could do this & legit auction houses would consign it. It is crazy.

"You obviously know a lot more about autographs than you admit to because JSA and PSA/DNA were never mentioned by any member in your discussion but you concluded at the end that only UDA and them would you trust in the future." from Randy

I learned this from READING previous posts in this forum. I looked & read other threads & it seems heavily mentioned that MOST would not buy anything from anyone but them.

I didn't know any of this before I came here to the site. Now I will never buy again unless it if from them. I also went to JSA website yesterday & saw I could add the serial numbers to see if items are in their database. That was really cool. & it keeps me motivated to know there is ways to still buy & trust in some of these items.

A few hundred dollars is not bad, you live & learn & I am glad to have more knowledge now on how to buy & what to buy. As well as what to stay away from.

do yourself a favor...don't buy anything (LOL) it's so much easier. I AM more than sure everyone on this blog has been taken multiple times. That's why we're so passionate about forgeries. Just to tryin to save even one knumbskull from himself is all...

Welcome Rerun and good luck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service