We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

In Austria, Ringo's allegedly last signed autograph was reportedly sold for EUR1950 . Why did Ringo sign twice? What do the numbers mean? What does the drawing mean? Is the autograph authentic? If authentic, what is the market value?

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The numbers probably identify the signing  date. 20/10/08. The signatures look good to me.

Fine...

1.He signed twice because it was his last signed autograph and already knew Susanne(a)?

2. 10-20-08 = October 20th, 2008

3. Caricature of yourself?

4. Looks good

5. The market regulates the market value. If Ringo dies (we hope he lives very long) and this was his last autograph he signed, Euro1950 is a bargain, lower than the usual price.

October 20, 2008 was the last day he agreed to sign fan mail

Yes, but did he really not write an autograph after the 20th e.g after a concert? I don't now. 

From the perspective of the way things assume value and become legend, I don't really think it matters- if this item is publicised and written about enough as the last one ever, in the minds of the collective it becomes the 'truth'. Ringo's youtube video on the topic will be seen as supportive evidence. If you google 'ringos last autograph' or the like, this thread is the first item to appear and in image search, the picture of the signature is now the top listing- thus, this is now, Ringo's last ever autograph.

Just my two cents on the way these things happen!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service