We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A Few weeks ago,  I listed these George Harrisson/Ringo Starr autographs on Ebay. Before the listing, i paid for a "PSA/DNA "Quick Opinion" to make sure they were genuine, and the reult came back "Likely Genuine".

They sold after 4 days on a "Buy It Now" basis, the buyer paid, and i sent the autographs.  A week or so later, the buyer opened a case against me saying that the autographs were fakes.  His reason for doing this is because he had tried to resell these same autographs for sale on Ebay, and Ebay had removed his listing while it was live, because they had recieved reports the autographs were fake.

Although the Ebay case is still open, i am willing to refund his money ASAP if the signatures are not genuine.

My dilemma is that Ebay had no issues with me when i listed autographs, and i have the PSA "Likely Genuine" opinion, but i can also see the buyers point of view, that Ebay will not allow him to resell them because they say they are fakes!

Opinions on the authenticity of these autographs would be very helpful for me, to decide if i should refund ! (Also, any opinions on wether you would refund in my position,would be intereting to hear)

Views: 1234

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that,  much appreciated
The Ringo is bad.  The "Starr" doesn't have the normal slanting of the "t" away from the "S", and I have NEVER seen a loop in in the "t".  The Harrison looks suspect as well, although I can't be sure.  The Quick Opinion you got from PSA is - as Steve said - just that.  If you want to be certain, have Frank Caiazzo look at it.
Amen.
How do i contact Frank Caiazzo? Does he authenticate for anyone?
Is he authenticating again?  I heard he stopped because of a pending lawsuit.
Tom, Franks assistant would be.more.than glad to set you up.

When you say Tom,  are you referring to Tom Venghele?

I am struggling to contact Frank Caiazzo by Email or telephone!

Both signatures are simple fakes, neither of them top notch either.

But that aside, it highlights a problem that many of us in the UK have had, and that is that eBay will remove an item, because they say that it has been reported as possibly fake. However, we may only relist the item if it is authenticated by one of ebays approved authenticators, al of which are on the other side of the Atlantic!

We need some light shedding on how this system works (it doesn't!), who says its fake, how you become an eBay approved authenticator, etc etc.

It all stink to me! 

No Tom is Frank's assistant at thebeatlesautographs.com

It's hard to get into a topic like this.

I like hearing about somebody buying autographs, because it's something they've wanted for their collection -- like the guy who got his Yardbirds signatures.

Not somebody that just wants to flip them. Who really cares if they're real or fake. You just want to know, so you can make a quick sale. Well...good luck with that.

That being said...George looks good, Ringo looks bad.

Doesn't mean anything if a signature looks bad...they could've been in ah urry, stoned, any number of things.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service