We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Over the past 2-3 months I have been receiving an abundances of Willie Mays signed Major League baseballs with the "Say Hey" Hologram for autograph authentication. I have recently been passing on authenticating these baseballs.
 These baseballs are all in near mint condition and have a very nice, clear Willie Mays signature on the sweet spot in blue ink. The signatures are all very similar and I understand they are available by the dozen. I have started a file and have been taking notes and doing some research on the origins of these signed baseballs. In most cases I have been noticing the holograms are nor affixed properly to the baseballs. If anyone could help with some examples or information on the "Say Hey" holograms or Foundation please join in.

Views: 19249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That hologram looks very strange.  It doesn't look anything like mine.  Mine is about the size of the inner portion of the hologram and I purchased it several years ago.  Mine also has a full JSA LOA.

Pic?

The holograms on the balls look larger which is why I used the tape measure to point that out.

I think that the larger holograms are being used on the more recent items.  I have not seen the smaller holograms in a while.  Steiner Sports is currently selling autographed Willie Mays baseballs with the larger holograms.

Is there anything new to report in this discussion about the authenticity of these Willie Mays autographed baseballs?  We have not heard anything since PAAS questioned the authentication skills of PSA, JSA and Steiner Sports.

I am sorry if you got the wromg idea or have a different agenda on this discussion. It has nothing at all to do with me questioning the authentication skills of JSA or PSA/DNA. They both do a great job at autograph authentication. This is an issue that involves fake holograms and non authentic signatures. I have not mentioned any authentication company's involvement. I have simply shown some exemplars and there is much more going on with this issue as we speak. When concluded more information will be added. Thank you for your time. 

Thanks Michael.

I am still working on this situation but there is a lot involved and hours of research needed. I do not believe that these baseballs have been hand signed by Willie Mays.
The signed baseballs are all on Rawlings Major League white baseballs and all have the 'Say Hey" hologram affixed to them unprofessionally.
There are no numbering nor matching Certificates. I have recently been able to find dealers selling these Willie Mays baseballs for $500 - $600 per dozen. They are all over Florida at the present time and I am I looking for some additional help and input from members as well as some help from the Say Hey Foundation.

Willie Mays Autographed Baseball

Michael, what do you mean by the "Say Hey" hologram being affixed unprofessionally?  Also, is there anything about the hologram other than the size that we should be paying attention to?  A lot of members own these autographed baseballs, myself included.

Yeah, I think it's actually par for the course when the Say Hey holograms look like they're a bit shoddily affixed.  To the best of my knowledge, this isn't a red flag in itself.

here's my "Fleece Mop" also authenticated by PSA Graded 9

Fudd, do you happen to know if the Say Hey Foundation has changed the size of the hologram over the years?

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service