We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This one has been in the basement for years, as it was one of the first autograph purchases I ever made circa 1995.  I don't have a whole lot of faith that it's authentic, but I thought I'd just run it by everyone, just in case lightning struck.  I'm thinking of reusing the frame :)

Purchased at a local charity auction in 1995.  COA is generic and worthless, as items in the auction, I believe, were donated from various sources.

Lousy framing job courtesy of Michaels.  Ick.

Views: 850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

seen some very similar ones years ago,seller was chucked off ebay,bronze ink rather than gold,not judging at all,not into arnie much

Same here - was never a huge Arnold fan.  I think this was the second autograph I ever bought, definitely in 1995.  Back when I thought that a COA was a magic wand. :\

I remember thinking that silent auction was a gold mine - that everything was authentic.  They definitely had some fairly big ticket items (Elvis autograph among others).  I'd say some items were probably real, but I didn't know what was what in retrospect.

sadly many still do

the best way to learn not to touch a hot kettle is by burning your fingers

best education

Actually, this is the standard TTM signature from Arnold. I have watched this topic close for years since I have several of these that I received over the years.

I'm waiting for someone to do a Heston style study on them as I have seen very knowledgeable collectors on other boards deem them likely authentic. Knowing the source, they are probably secretarial.

Almost always, whatever you sen to be signed was not signed. Instead, you received back a different photo. They are almost always signed in a metallic paint marker. If I get time this week end, I will show the ones that I received back.

Thanks for the insight!  I wouldn't have thought that Arnold would have sent anything this nice back through the mail.  I've suspected it as being likely not genuine for years given the questionable source and how nicely it was signed.

On the other hand . . . did he really send Last Action Hero pics through the mail?  LOL.  Maybe his staff was just trying to get rid of the things.

I have seen photos from all of his movies come back. In fact, if you sent index cards, you received a 4x6 photo back signed in metallic.

I received very nice Terminator photos back and one funky photo of him kissing Sally Field.

Given his attitude about signing, especially during this time (early/mid 90's), I would think the TTM metallic sigs would most likely be secretarial.

That would be very interesting if they were seceretarial because they are so damn close. I guess we may never know.

Wow, wonder what those went for . . .

Here are mine

All obtained in the mid to late 90's TTM

Wow, looks like the exact same pen.  I guess that makes it fairly conclusive that mine was TTM.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service