We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A member here would like your input on the authenticity of his signed rock albums please.

Tags: adams, aerosmith, album, authenticity, bill, billy, brian, cash, clapton, collins, More…idol, joel, johnny, mccartney, paul, phil, police, rock, rolling, star, sting, stones, trek

Views: 1856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This might be a bit off topic but when I look at the Rolling Stones "autographs" attached. In my opinion Ronnie Wood´s is closed to a real one. This reminds me of something I have thought (when looking at Stones autographs on eBay) that sometimes autographs might be "partly authentic"..... What I mean is that sombody might have gotten autographs from for example Ronnie and Charlie and then that person has added "Mick" and "Keith" in his own hand to sell the album or whatever on eBay. I have quite many autographs from Stones members and this is the reason having Stones as an example here. I have seen on eBay examples like this. 2 autographs look very good and 2 absolotely horrible. What do you think?

That's a good point, Juha.

Although that is probably rare. For that to happen -- it's going to be something not with a Stones member, but take a band like -- well, I can't give a good example. Okay, let's say Foreigner. They are touring with ONLY their original guitarist (who was also in Spooky Tooth). You can get him on a few Foreigner albums, but who is going to buy that? So, they go online and see what singer Lou Gramm looks like, and the other band members.

Or other 70s classic rock bands. You can get one of the band members, and try to forge the rest.

Often times, with what you're saying -- it's just easier to forge some signature and make it look really, really good. For example -- Joe Walsh. His signature is easy to forge, so if you're looking at an Eagles complete, and all look really, really fake, aside from Walsh -- maybe that just means they did the Walsh forgery the best. That's all.

Steve -- anybody that bought these, should try to get their money back. Destroying them is fine, but...shouldn't they have the paper work for all that stuff?

these are BAD...I cant say 100% every graph is bad..but a LOT of these are bad..thats NOT Aerosmith...Tyler doesnt sign that way..a lot of the others are fake.... who is selling these... i lay odds these are forgeries.
That is also one of the worst forgeries i ever saw on a STAR TREK item--100% fake
the mccartney and stones are brutal.  those are the only ones I have any experience with but it would make me certainly question the rest.

God, that Aerosmith is so bogus that I don't know whether to laugh or be pissed.

For me personally, I would never even buy an autograph of a living person.

As far as I'm concerned, if they're alive, they can be gotten. (I know that's a gross generalization and easier said than done in some cases...JIMMY PAGE...I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?)

And then if I ever did pay money for autographs that I'd want (Bruce Lee, Marilyn, Hendrix, Jaco, Freddie Mercury) it would have to be on something that is almost irrefutable (again, easier said than done, I know) like a canceled check, something that is being sold through an estate sale directly from the family of, ect. I mean beyond a reasonable doubt...

To me this whole "I got it from a reputable dealer" stuff is pretty...I don't know, about as meaningless as a "COA". But I just can't believe that people would spend the money like this. To me, someone who 'deals' in autographs is pretty suspect to begin with.

The fact that it's an industry is what has killed the 'in person encounters'. The fact that that is a term is sickening. Like there was any other way you'd acquire someones autographs years ago. The 'industry' of autographs is the equivalent to illegal downloading in relation to the record industry. It's screwed now!

Sorry for the rant, just some of my very passionate feelings on the matter.

All I know is, over 25 years ago I started trying to meet my favorite musicians because music was an all consuming passion. I became a musician myself, which only elevated my favorites to greater 'hero/idol' status. The "autograph" was the 'souvenir of the encounter', where your encounter manifests itself right there on the album (or whatever special items you had collected and had such a relationship with) and the actual guy who wrote and recorded it takes it in his hand and, more or less puts his 'finger print' or kind of a strand of DNA (not to be confused with PSA) through his unique signature. It was about meeting the person, the autograph wasn't the point, but the icing.

NOW, I have to fight through a crowd of HOUNDS/Pro's/D***** Bags (yes, I capitalized that) middle aged, chubby, khaki cargo short wearing, baseball hat sporting, last guy in the world who would have ever owned the 7 albums he's trying to get signed, lowlifes to try and meet my favorite musicians. So much so, that now the bands are rude to ME because they're worried I and many other REAL fans might be trying to flip our items on ebay!!! The only funny part, and it's not funny at all, is, the second I turn the corner, I can always spot these guys. They look exactly as I described above 90% of the time and they'll line up for Aerosmith and swear what a big fan they are, and then run over and get the Jonas Brothers minutes later since, HEY, they just happen to have some JB items with them to get signed too! Pricks.

Sorry, but f*** to all of those guys everywhere. Certainly there must be an easier way to make a buck you cxnts!

Are we allowed to say D***** Bags on here?

Hopefully everyone on here are 'real' fans and wont be offended. If you are offended, then you are definitely who I'm talking to.

The Times have changed.either deal with it..or retire. I am basicallyretired..ive met all the people that matter anymore... or used to matter or made good music...... as far as bands 'afriad" to sign because they dont know who's a fan and who's selling...for millionaire's like KISS../Gene Simmons who is the world biggest A_Hole....he publicly states that he wants EACH fan to WEED OUT the dealers..and the nMAYBE one day he might sign another autograph. Sure...Gene..let's all weed out the pros and start a riot at every hotel entrance...great way to solve your no autograph policy.  Then there's people like Ted Nugent who you have to hand a wad of cash to sign something even if you know every song on every album. or Worse..someone like David Crosby..who wont sign anything ever again and is incredibly rude as well whether there are 100 dealers or ONE fan outside.  He even went so far as to tell David Gilmour who NOt to sign for on the last Gilmout tour "NO he's selling..no he's a pro". Wow..what a dick. So.. Deal with the losers who dont know ONE early Aerosmith song....who constantly bother Tyler all day long. Yes. you DO have to feel bad for someone like him because he gives as much as he can almost all of the time. But in other cases--like KISS or  Stevie nicks or Prince , or Little Richard..some of the meanest people....you have to wonder if ALL they ever cared about was $$$$$

Eventually they ALL stop signing after the years of being hounded becomes 'enough"...so most of the legends are DONE signing....as you said JIMMY PAGE (done).. ...FOGERTY (DONE) CROSBY (DONE) ..the list keeps growing and growing until you are down t owaiting for the Jonas brothers....in fact...I was holding a pickguard one night outside the Trump waiting on Justin hayward (moody Blues) when One of those Jonas Boys actually got out of a car--walked u pto me--and tried to sign the one pickguard I had on me..I had to stop him...he was pissed off lol. But eventually they will ALL stop signing as the years and numbers of people become just too annoying...you really cant blame them.

Autographs are a commodity now, just like any other antique or collectible. Give up the romanticism of meeting your favorite artist and all that goes into obtaining the signature - they have definitely given up on you. Get used to the new rules - or get lost.

Rules? Retire? This was never a job OR a game for me.

Well, seems I've found ONE way to weed out the pro's!

Fighting off the Jonas Brother from signing your pick guard!! That is hysterical!
Really ..i dont know which douchy Jonas came up to me-- it wasnt JOE..it was ONE of the others and I dont know the other 2  names....and i did nOT want hi m to sign and waste my last pick guard i was holding...he saw the guard..came up to me with a pen and almost ruined it....   i said "NO sorry Im not waiting for YOU" LOL

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service