We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello, I am new to this forum and I recently purchased a cast photo allegedly signed by the original cast of Star Trek. I won this item via a silent auction fundraiser through my employer. The photo is authenticated by The Autograph Store a company I knew nothing about prior to a google search which has terrified me beyond belief due the many dubious claims others have made about them. Here are some photos of the signatures for knowledgeable posters to evaluate. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Views: 874

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Patrick,

You can read any number of articles and blogs on this site about how forgery rings get in with these charities as the people that run them are victims themselves. Mr.Crykin and Roger Epperson was just on a news piece uncovering this exact sort of thing. Really stinks that you got burned on this item but at least the money went to a good cause. Also IMO some of the collectors here on this site is just as good if not better then psa and sniffing out fakes.

Hi Patrick,
I have obtained signatures of all the original cast members from Star Trek in person over the years and unfortunately, the item you won does not look authentic. I have several signed cast photos that I would be willing to show you for reference, but you should try to get your money back from the seller if possible. If you want me to send you some photos please send me a private message. Sorry!!

Patrick, you may want to contact Michael Frost of P.A.A.S who is a member here and ask him to check the signatures and then you may be able to contact the place you got them from for a refund

live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/mccartney-guitar-in-charity...   This auction ALMOST happened - also Autograph Store supplied (or Charity Grow supplied).  Which is the same Company.  AS Charity Fund (which stands for Autograph Store Charity Fund) has just renamed themselves Charity Grow. 

Josh also posted a blog on these same criminals here:  Long read but you can probably ask Josh exactly what or how to go about getting things done about this.  Your employer may want to jump onto these threads as well.   He might have a problem on his hands later.    http://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/did-you-purchase-a...

Wascher

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service