We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Sotheby's sold this magazine center spread...signed by all 4 in 1964...for $21,666 today. They also sold a pair of Lennon's glasses from 1968 for $181,218 US...amazing!!!

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow those are some prices!  And yet this nicely signed program from '65 only reached 7500 at the recent RR Auction.  You just never know. 

I tend to think a lot of consignors are using different auctions rather than rr . The prices are pathetic .

I've agreed with that for years. If you have a serious, high-end item? Where will you put it? You almost have to go with the big-money NY auction houses where people seem to spend more than anywhere else. 

I was also watching that program on RR.

I can't see it being won at that price.definitly a reserve on it.it is really stunning ,icant understand why it didn't draw a higher bid.

I was watching the eye glasses and was gong to bid up to a level that was around the upper range of their preauction estimate. I thought their estimate was low but I never would have dreamed it would sell for that!  

I agree,there isn’t any rhyme or reason to these auctions lately.timing has a lot to do with it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service