We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hate to ask again but the only other autographs that I have that I have questions on are two Carrie Fisher autographs I got about 10 years ago. Could someone take a look and see what they think?
Attachments: No photo uploads here
And the other one

Both are real, the b&w pic has her preprinted signature in black , but the blue sharpie is legit.

That's great news. Thank you again Pete. I really appreciate all the help.

I agree with Pete.  Both of the Carrie Fisher autographs are typical.  No need to apologize Jake.  Post as many images of Star Wars autographs you would like to receive opinions about.  That is why this discussion exists.

Thanks Mike

Hi all. I am new to this site and would like to start by saying hello. I have recently aquired Dave Prowse's autograph on a Rubie's Helmet and started to dream of getting James Earl Jone's autograph to add to it. I have read about graphers but was wondering, what would be the best way to achieve this considering I live in South Australia? Is he an easy 'get' when it comes to signing items such as helmets? Thanks.

James has been a fantastic signer for decades, but his age has limited the material he now signs. Mailing the helmet overseas can get quite pricey and with him working on Broadway lately his staff has been returning items with a note stating that James does not have the time to sign.

When he started his recent Broadway play, he had people taking items to be signed at the stage door, but he has even stopped that practice at the moment.  

Your best bet will be to watch Official Pix website, earlier last year they announced that they would be trying to do another signing with Mr. Jones, when his schedule allowed for it. If that signing does come to pass, and if they allow for send ins, it will certainly be your best chance at a guaranteed autograph from him.

Even the best in-person graphers have been turned away recently in NYC, so while you can take your chances with one of them, they can't make any promises that the piece will get signed.

Good luck,

Fogelfis just got me 2 Jones sigs, might want to try him.. Skylinesignatures on eBay. I heard he's only signing multi pieces now, no single items.

I have been told that James Earl Jones is finished with signing autographs on Broadway.  I would hold the helmet for now and hope for a private signing in the near future.  Good luck Richard.  Keep us posted.

Hi guys. Ive Just aquired a signed dark crystal Christmas card and wondered if anyone can shed some light on rarity etc. It's signed by jim Henson, Frank oz, bruce sharman and Gary kurtz. I've searched online but can't find a thing with these 4 combined autographs.

Jess,

A number of these cards were produced and signed for the friends, families and co-workers of the creators of TDC. The ones that still exist in the Kurtz archives were hand signed by Kurtz, Oz & Henson, with different types of pens.

Frank signed in blue on the cards that still exist, and Jim in a fine point black.

The glare on your first image (Frank Oz in black) shows something quite curious.Your image shows no glow from the flash, as if it may be a part of the printed card. 

Value will be directly related to if these signatures are hand signed or part of the printed card. I am thinking that this may be a card with printed signatures of Kurtz, Oz and Henson, then hand signed by Sharman.

If that is the case Sharman is a $50-$100 graph... and that is the value of the piece. 

If all four are hand signed, Kurtz is $10-$20, Oz is $30-$40 and Henson is about $200. That Puts the whole piece at about $250-$350 from a die hard collector. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service