We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87892

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks that is a huge help! You most definitely know your stuff. I also have a similar return to oz card with 3 autographs....what do you think? Your opinion is much appreciated
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Fun Stuff. Walter is the signature of Walter Murch the director, Paul and Gary were producers, and I am not familiar with Paul's signature at all, but Gary's I know very well, and that was not signed by him, maybe a secretary?

Ok now I'm miserable.....my bubble is officially burst. I now have 2 possibly 3 genuine autographs instead of 7.
But thank you so so much for your expertise.
is it only autographs that you collect?

I have always been a Star Wars collector, and with the Gary & Frank interconnections back to Henson, I dabble in that as well.

I kind of limited myself to autographs for lack of room to store other items.

Please understand that you will be able to check the Henson card, far better than me looking at a scan.

if you grab a magnifier and check were the lines cross inside the signatures, you will either see doubled ink, or you wont.

A print doesn't double ink in cross areas, but a marker certainly will. 

Sorry about the Gary on card 2, that one I'd bet my bottom dollar on it not being in his hand, you can see that by just looking at the Henson card yourself. 

Along with autographs, my favorite things to collect are production related materials, callsheets, scripts, crew hats and t-shirts, props etc. That kind of stuff there is always room for.

If your family has a chunk of the Millennium Falcon, I am the guy to talk to, hahahaha.

I cheated and looked at your page, it seems you mentioned something along the lines that your family worked in films? Would you care to share anymore info? I have friends both here and in the UK that are always looking for people to interview about the making of films in the studios around England.

Gary Kurtz himself now has an archive of material from these films that he co-owns with a partner. This partner runs many of the Fan conventions around the UK, where casts and crews from these films can meet the people that love their work.   

My grandad was a rigger at Elstree studios back in the oz days and dad was a carpenter from the 70's until 1993. They worked on all the greats. ....star wars, willow, indiana jones, superman bond etc. I Used to play in the willow castle haha
my grandads brother is still working on films as a rigger. (Tom Lowen)

That is fantastic. I can only imagine the stuff they saw and worked on. Those films are what made my childhood great, and you were playing on the sets....amazing!

Believe it or not I have a friend in London that actively seeks out crew members to get their autographs and learn as much as he can about the making of the films. I am not assuming anything but if your dad or grand dad are still with us and they would care to talk about their work, I will gladly get you his email.

Great to have you here on the site. 

Thanks I must admit it's nice to talk to people with the same passion for film history and culture. Unfortunately my father passed away three years ago which is why I am on here, im trying to get a bit more history on his career and I am in the process of writing to cast to see if they remember him, grandad is still about but a bit senile. ...he's in his 80s now. I have got a few star wars bits, programs contracts and envelopes, one has the revenge of the jedi logo and a story book. My best item is a 12 inch superman crystal prop from the original superman. And I have a variety of special screening tickets from indiana jones, bond, muppets and return to oz

Very cool.

Jess welcome and thx for sharing your passion :)

Would you be able to show us all the superman crystal prop?
Of course. I think it was used in the scene when superman is sent to earth as a baby. There were what appears to be the same crystal surrounding him, theres a small hole in one end I guess was used to secure it.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service