We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hello guys,

So I was checking out some of the prices for autographs on some athletes who are Steiner exclusive. And honestly, I feel like the prices are generally extremely high. I might be crazy, but what are your thoughts? Also, are they trustable?

Thanks!

Views: 1745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I doubt he is going to resell it if he is having it personalized.  I have passed on Steiner opportunities for personalizations in the past and I now regret it.

I would not make HOF potential a determining factor.  If Don Mattingly was charging that much I would have no problem paying it for something that is authentic and personalized.  He is and has always been my favorite baseball player of all time.

Funny, but I met him a couple months ago and wouldn't even embarrass myself by asking for his autograph. I am a fan of the only thing he is known for..."His work Ethic"...other than that he is a HORRIBLE manager, who hasn't learned a thing in 5 years and I wish the Dodgers would have cut him loose after Game 1 of the Cards Series...PERIOD

He was a great guy however. 

I guess we all have our sentimental favorites Fudd.  Yours appears to be Mantle but I can't relate since I wasn't born yet.  I'm sure that he was a great guy as well.

no, not really...I liked the guy of course but I'm a Dodger fan and only collected Mantle's because I liked his signature and they looked good framed in my home office. After getting 1, I'd get another, than another. It was also the first autograph I studied for countless hours so I could easily tell right from wrong after getting fleeced like a lamb with forgeries. I also put some time into Dimaggio and Williams and am about 95% on those guys. I pretty much lost my zest for it all with E-bays most recent & sickest infection in 7 years with their flood of putrid forgeries of all kinds. When they decide to clean up their mess ...AGAIN, maybe I'll buy ? For Now, I'm out.

I just like to collect things I guess? I have switched to other sure losers now like Gold & 100 Bills.  

I can absolutely respect that :)

Steiner's a bit of a "brand name" in the hobby.  They're expensive, but both legitimate and widely recognized, which makes their items a bit easier to sell down the road.

I guess i'll just have to take the hit then :P

To further explain my "brand name" comment, when Aaron Rodgers won the Super Bowl in early 2011, the demand for his autograph was sky high - and he'd actually done very few signings up to this point.  A huge signing at his place in California was arranged for late February.  Among the companies getting items signed was Steiner.  However, you could also pre-order from other smaller companies who were also attending the signing in-person, such as Denver Autographs and Waukesha Sports Cards.  These companies are every bit as reliable as Steiner but decidedly lesser known to the average collector.  Steiner's prices, not surprising, were much, much higher, even though the autographs were all signed at the same time and place.

Very trustworthy..

Best in the business IMO. Sign up for their email list, they have daily/weekly sales.

Thank for the info.... I should be the happy owner of a signed ball with a personal incription in a few days :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service