We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this one from RR Auction real? It also includes a Chuck Berry signature.

EDIT: I’ve updated this post with a better image that includes the Berry signature. They’re on a concert poster from 2003.

The Chuck Berry autograph looks like a few I’ve gotten in person, but I think the Jerry Lee was most likely signed by someone else.

What are your thoughts on the paraphs under his signature, such as the one on the 2003 concert poster above? JLL and a secretarial signer both do that? The poster that was recently signed for Jordan the Lion has one that goes right through the signature.

Which example is the “Jordan the lion” poster?

Frankly, I think the squiggly lines under the signature are often a good indicator for a secretarial.  JLL does it sometimes when he signs, but those are not generally as flourished as the ones with secretarial signatures.

I wouldn’t buy the 2003 poster as I don’t see the JLL as matching any of the verified exemplars. Any similarities between a squiggle underneath a likely secretarial signature and some other squiggle underneath another signature isn’t likely to change my view.

Jordan the Lion’s poster is pictured on page 104.

I think Jordan the Lion also got a secretarial.

I think we have to allow for possibility of three people -- Jerry Lee, his wife Judith and a secretary -- doing the writing over these many pieces. The secretary might be the one able to duplicate some, but not all, of Jerry Lee's defining characteristics. For all we know, it might be a long-time secretary who's old and has somewhat shaky handwriting, too. 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/jerry-lee-lewis-handwritten-... There ya go! there's an entire letter written in his hand to study

Interesting, but that was written 64 years ago. 

True... okay.. i met BB king in person at 87- wheelchair bound- on what was (i think) his last tour... his handwriting looked pretty darn good too me.... and he was in pretty bad shape at that time and had been for awhile...i don't know if handwriting will change too-too much with age... even with changes in health

That is 64 years old, and we have to allow for the potential that it could be secretarial.  Ronald Reagan’s mom wrote letters to fans so one never knows.

Still to my eyes, the signature looks much more like the in person exemplars than the recent TTMs.

A secretary would be mimicking his signing habits as well. JLL varies his signature in ways that are present across multiple TTM signatures. So, if it’s a secretary, it would seemingly mean that they are attempting to vary the signatures in ways that would fool people who have studied his signature to the extent that they are familiar with those signing habits. The same is true of the signed books.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service