We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frankly, I think you’re giving them way more credit than they’re due.  This is a low budget operation, as witnessed by the strange price list and their defensive social media discussion of autographs.

This isn’t Charlton Heston, where the secretary was really good at mimicking his autographs. Jerry Lee’s wife (or whoever may be doing these) isn’t attempting to vary signatures in a way to mimic his signing habits. The TTM, book, and other potentially secretarial autographs don’t even look remotely like authentic JLL autographs to me.  

When they got pressed and showed him signing in 2014, somehow the autograph looked like the verified exemplars again.  JLL’s autograph isn’t really that inconsistent. 

You very well could be right. If I had to say right now, I'd go with all four of my Jerry Lee's Greatest! LP autographs are authentic.  

I just looked at the ones you posted years ago. The inscriptions look like they’re signed by someone else, but the signatures look good to me.

I bet the inscriber used the Sharpie you sent and JLL used some old Sharpie sitting on his desk!

Why would someone write “God bless you” and then hand it over to JLL? I can understand someone else signing a dedication, but simply “God bless you”? After all, Dave requested that the LP should just be signed. It sounds like JLL either ignored the request or didn’t get the message.

Why would JLL trace over the inscription on one of the four that Dave received? He probably wouldn’t do that either.

That price list doesn’t indicate an operation that makes sense.

Not to be disrespectful, but I’ll repeat my question from the other day.  Will you please point out an autograph in this thread that you don’t think Jerry Lee signed? I just want to understand if there is anything that you think is a bad exemplar. He’s not a Bob Feller who has signed 10 million autographs. I’ve seen JLL in person. He’s not impossible, but he’s not that easy to get. Some of these are likely not signed by him. It would be interesting to know what you’d be willing to remove from consideration so we can have a productive discussion about what’s real.

I’ve seen plenty of JLL signatures that don’t look authentic to me, but this thread is about TTM signatures. I don’t recall any TTM signatures that I didn’t think were authentic, of course with the exception of the stamped signatures.

I would say that they’re unusually inconsistent. That’s why a signature that was deemed secretarial would later become authentic and vice-versa, and why an in-person signature would be deemed secretarial. That’s why there was an issue with the five signatures chosen as being representative of secretarial examples.

When they were pressed in 2014, authentic signatures were supposed to look like “an old man signed them.” The problem is that one of the signatures that came back didn’t look anything of the sort.

Here is another fine IP example.  I think the IPs are way more consistent than the multiple TTMs.  I have not seen one IP that has the squiggly line underneath.  There may be some here, but there is too many pages to scroll thru.  If anyone got him IP with the squiggle , please post.  These seem to be more common in the TTM example which may make sense since he has more time to sign.

I know that XP Autographs had a couple of SPs that he insists were obtained in person.

Weren’t the items sold through his eBay store in 2019 accepted as authentic?

I see you posted another from XP in a 2016 discussion.  Someone else then said they were selling secretarial Hestons, Lemmons, and Hopes. https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/opinions-seller-xp-...

I don’t think the one from XP in either thread is a valid exemplar.  To me, it’s another likely TTM secretarial (just like the others he had for sale).

The one Steve Viola posted looks like a good exemplar to me.

The one I posted isn’t from XP. It’s from JLL’s eBay store.

Are the ones from XP that are said to be secretarial claimed to have been obtained in person? 

That conversation is from 2016 and I don’t know much about that seller.  Still, I don’t think it’s a good exemplar based on based on the appearance of the JLL autograph in that thread and the discussion about the seller’s store being stocked with common TTM secretarials.

The one you posted above looks like yet another secretarial to me. If the TTMs are signed by someone other than JLL, a JLL eBay store could be selling secretarials, too.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service