We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks all.  No I did not ask to personalize or silver.  I let JLL roll with it.  Yes 100.00 per item, altho he signed the back of the sleeve as a bonus I guess.  (its my favorite of the 3 lol).  

Nice looking stuff there, Steve!

Congrats, Steve. They are very nice. That said, I can't say that I understand why these would be accepted as authentic and not the one below, which was labeled as secretarial. 

Because the above does not look like the ones Steve just got back.  IMHO

Mark

Even the inscriptions appear to be written in the same hand. 

...and with Steve's current point, the plot now thickens....

I agree with Mark, this signature above does not look anything like the recent TTMs IMHO. Now Ballroom, you also pointed out that the inscriptions appear to be written in the same hand. Steve just noticed that the inscriptions may possibly be Secreterial which means your eye isn't *totally* off on these, because what you have noticed could verify this entire signature as a "Secretarial". 

So we can agree that the inscriptions are in the same hand? JLL uses a combination of cursive and block letters, sometimes within the same word or phrase. He sometimes prints “Killer” and sometimes it’s handwritten. Sometimes the “KI” are connected, and other times they are not. However, as far as I’m concerned, all are clearly written in his hand. This style of “Killer” has appeared quite a bit, including a signed photo that XP Autographs claimed to have obtained in person, PSA/DNA authenticated autographs, etc. Now, if “Killer” is in the hand of JLL, obviously the TTM signature that I posted is as well. So, was “Killer” inscribed by a proxy signer?

I agree with Steve Cyrkin. That is what I was telling Steve Viola- The inscriptions may not be from Mr. Lewis - When he signed my book he signed my name in cursive.  All the "Thanks" and "Sincerely" have also been in cursive.. from the ones I have seen.  Does it matter that the inscriptions were not from Mr. Lewis - Not in my book!

Just a thought - they are still really nice and the Jerry Lee Lewis looks great!!   

Mark

I would not be happy paying $100 and getting "To Ryan" written by some random person... I would rather them just not personalize it!

I had this same though in the spring when the whole ttm discussion began in earnest. I mentioned this thought to Ballroom and possibly others. I really thought it possible someone was probably receiving the mail for JLL, opening it, inscribing it, and then handing it to JLL to sign.

I asked Mrs. JLL about this at the same time. She told me that JLL signs it all, nobody else does the inscriptions. At the time I was actually hoping she would say someone else did the inscriptions as that would have cleared up the different look they had compared to the signatures.

Yes I remember that conversation but as long as he signs his own name, I am ok with it.  I know what my IPs look like and I know the stuff I just got back and the stuff Mark got back recently are very close.  Much more so than the TTMs earlier this year.  Im not saying those were not real, I am only going by what I have seen in person.  As for the inscription, it is my fault for not saying not to inscribe, but it doesnt bother me all that much.  

I just hung this one up today. I got it for a steal on ebay a while back and wanted to share.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service