We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/autographed-vinyl/product...

only 4 copies left if it's worth that much to anyone

Views: 1122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As someone who buys a lot of vinyl LPs I have been fairly annoyed with Newbury for many years regarding their pricing. They have always done things like press a special run of exclusive LPs, say Nirvana for example. They sell out very fast, and then at some point a year down the road they "find" a box of them and sell them for 3-4x the original price. Typically around the price that the albums then sell for on ebay and discogs. So they just flip their own releases. It has happened a lot with them. They also used to have the "low stock" section of autographed cds where they would charge way more than their original price, just because they supposedly only had 1 or 2 left. Not sure if they still do that.

My guess is the same here. They got a certain amount of these and know what they were selling for on Ebay. So they priced them accordingly. And now they are slowing seeing how high they can push it.

I really hate when businesses flip their own supply, but I have also gotten so many good autos from them over the years that I suck it up and still buy autos from them. But I buy my non signed LPs elsewhere due to this.

This was one of many problems I had with Premiere Collectibles when they started going downhill. I've stopped buying from them completely because they couldn't be trusted any longer. Newbury hasn't gone that far, they are pricy now but still reliable. I've slowed down buying from them more because they just are not releasing as many signed items as they used to. The shipping is also more expensive and they do not have enough in stock to push me over $100 for free shipping for other purchases. I go through checkout to the last step many times, Look at the price, and just close my browser. I really miss the days of $11 or even $13 cds. 

I wonder if they have some kind of a contract for items like this where they agree to be sold only at a specific price?

4 currently avail on Newbury at $199ea. for any of you high rollers

I'm waiting until they sell it for $299, then I'll buy.

just saw that she has a new album called SOS coming out in May, nothing signed yet on the pre-order but it would be nice to snag one at a reasonable price if they do add any. did her store also have the last one ridiculously high or was that just Newbury?

According to discogs an pre order autographed version from her webstore in June of 2017 was offered. TDE webstore has been know to offer signed options such as Kendrick Lamar and most recently if you preordered Isaiah Rashad album it came signed but wasn’t advertised as such. 

https://www.discogs.com/release/11885156-SZA-Ctrl

5 back in stock

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service