We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

TRY CW Autographs COAs Certificate of Authenticity Reputation Etc.

Recently ran into a big lot of Autographs.

Walking Dead

Boardwalk Empire

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

David Tennant

bunch of others (Michelle Rodriguez, Kesha, Lady Gaga

Literally a couple hundred with TRY CW TTM COAs. Couldn't find too much about them except they sell and authenticate their own stuff. They are based in CA. Can you really buy reputable autographs from companies like this in the hundreds? Whole thing was a little fishy to me.

The COAs were extra low tech just little printed squares. No stickers etc. Couple sellers are peddling the same ones on ebay.

Several of the autographs didn't have the right feel to me and I passed on the whole lot. any insights into this company or celebrity autographs inc from the UK?

Views: 4616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. Looks like another forgery ring exposed, I haven't checked this thread since my last reply but I see the problem is more widespread than I thought. Sad how many of these must go on. Makes it harder and harder to deal in autographs. A COA is only worth something if it connects to a registered business that is still operating and contains a no holds barred lifetime guarantee (which my company does) with PSA or JSA denial letter.

I would say 80% of all autographs sold on ebay are fake. And that may be higher. It's a paradise for forgers. Sell a fake, make a bundle, nobody knows, nobody cares. It's only the stupid forgers that catch our eye. The ones selling cheap. That doesn't mean a $100 Norman Reedus is real. It only means the forger was smart enough to make us think it is.   Since 1970 no celebrity has signed anything except a scribble. ANYONE can copy a scribble.

Guess what!!!! I found TryCW. They are still on ebay and selling as etphonetim. Look at their listings, read it. They even say they are TryCW!!!!!!!!! If 10 people would buy a cheap one and leave negative feedback, thats one more account gone. I'm doing it.

Seems like this seller is selling their fakes :( http://www.ebay.com/usr/casio815

Well it seems this scammer is back on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/usr/oivalfmusic89

AVOID!

Apparently eBay and PayPal allow the use of this person to sell.  Gee, I'm selling used clothing and they have blocked me twice already :/ they should be ashamed. 

I am the person who brought light to this scam and started this thread  originally. I have written an article that I hope we can get indexed into google. I am carrying it on all 3 of my websites.

I need you guys to share the article or make it a link like the administrators here did when I ran into John Olson from operation bullpen and busted up his new forgery scam as well.

Try CW Autograph Scam

Thanks. Did buy a bruce campbell now in the shredder..

10/06/2014

Here we go again, once more the Leviathan, AKA Sonia Hall, AKA bluefly64 & other concoctions submitted another email to my Spam Files. It read's;

Try CW

To
BCC
Me
Today at 5:12 PM
I am having my next sale at www.Trycw.com
If you pay be check or money order we will give you 50% off your order.  Also note we are back to using Stratz to fill orders as he fills orders same week your order.  Thank you

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service