We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 789

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one is being discussed on the Eastlink page.  I'll check out what the consensus is thus far.  This one kinda has me shrugging.  At first glance it looks like the right idea, but it's really especially nice (condition, bold felt pen, signature placement, etc) in contrast to what else you see from the same time period.  Some of the fans and collectors on that forum might have a better idea on this one, as I'm a bit spotty myself with items this old.

I know -- I'm torn as well.  The Bono and Edge seem to match up with similar known authentics from that period. The Larry is not slanted upward like he usually does. The Adam is a bit small and looks like it possible is in the same hand as the Larry.  A real head scratcher. 

Roger said it was good. (Just heard)

I'm not a U2 expert but this is from the same seller who has a Metallica Kill 'Em All signed record that I'm interested in. He has a lot of high end stuff that looks good to me but I'm not an expert like a lot of people on here. I'm also curious what everyone thinks about his U2 stuff.

Consensus on the Eastlink forum is positive.  Still curious how someone got one from this era that looks this perfect . . . I'd love to know the story behind the item.

From an In Store signing in Atlanta, GA 1981.  There are others that are similar to this one I've heard.

This is a definite fake.  There is no way Roger signed off as this being legit.  

Guitargirl you are replying to a discussion that is 7 years old.  And you are wrong on both counts.  Roger did issue his LOA for this and it's 100% authentic from an in store they did in Atlanta in 1981. I've seen at least 5 similar ones from the signing.  What are your U2 credentials that make you such an expert to say "definite fake?"  Here's another one from the signing.

Sorry, no offense.  I had just never seen a Bono and Adam from that time frame that looked like those. Good to see another example too.  Thanks! 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service