We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I thought this might be cool. Tell what concerts you are going to see. Let us know if you liked or disliked the show. Maybe show a picture, autograph, guitar pick, drumstick, or a cool story .

Views: 18094

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool Paul!
Australian band Airbourne going to be very close to me Tuesday. You seen them Paul? Just watched a video, I'd like to see them.
Temple of the dog are touring in November, get along.

Bastille tomorrow. Meh.

Update, I skipped Bastille. It was an effort I just didn't feel like making.

Wolf Alice again, this time in Chicago (Lollapalooza aftershow). Just such a top rate live band.

Two free shows this week - Wye Oak was Tuesday, and tonight is L7.

Saw Broods last night, a brother-sister band from New Zealand. Despite this photo of an acoustic song, they're more of an indie pop/ electronic band.

Only just discovered this music section and this thread...interesting.

Some of my recent highlights have been Evan Dando (ex-Lemonheads) in Berlin, Scout Niblett and Elvis Costello (separately) in Zurich and a Patti Smith/PJ Harvey double-bill at the Montreux Jazz Festival. Less interesting were Ariel Pink in London, Grandmaster Flash in Norwich, UK, Marcia Griffiths ("queen of reggae") and Radio Moscow in Zurich. On the agenda are PJ Harvey (again) and All Them Witches.

The people I've seen the most of over the years are Bowie, Iggy Pop, John Cale, Lou Reed, Nico, Patti Smith and a (possibly) largely forgotten Australian band, The Go-Betweens, who I was really into as a pimply student in the early 80s.

I would say that my all time favourite gigs were 1) Discipline playing the LP "Discipline" in a concrete bunker of a university hall in Norwich (massive intense sound), 2) Rage Against The Machine playing a tiny community hall in a sleepy Swiss place called Bulach (where Johnny Winter sadly ended his days on his way back to the US recently) and 3) a very early gig by The Smiths, when they supported Nico in Norwich.

Sadly, I was born too late to stand a chance of seeing people like Jimi Hendrix while he was alive or Led Zepplin, Deep Purple , Black Sabbath and David Bowie while they were in their prime. I was also too young to catch one of my all time favourite groups, Joy Division, before it was too late. I did see New Order but that is not the same. I also very much regret not seeing AC/DC and PJ Harvey in their very early days. I was old enough to see both but just wasn't in the right place at the right time. 

Welcome Eva. Well you have seen your share of great ones. Thanks for sharing.
Going to Bush/Chevelle tonight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service