We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Just wanted to share my updated signed guitar collection

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very cool! Were these in person?

I'm a huge Cinderella fan! Where did you get? Just saw yesterday Keifer is coming back here in Nov. I'm very excited!!!!
Here is history behind the guitars

AC/DC-------This guitar used to be in the private collection of Michael Klenfner. He was an Atlantics Records executive that was involved with signing ACDC to an American music label. The band gave this guitar to Klenfner as a gift. When he passed away in 2009 his widow auctioned off the guitar along with his other music memorabilia.

Guns n Roses-------This guitar was my first autographed item I ever purchased. Picked it up off eBay from seller autographs99. I think he is out of Seattle and gets lots of in person autographs. It was expensive for a first purchase but I have never regretted it. I have it displayed above my desk in my private office at work.

Slash---------This guitar was a recent purchase, bought it last week. Slash donated this guitar to a charity called CIJIK, deals with drug addiction and suicide. They auctioned the guitar off along with a small lunchbox amp that was also signed by Slash. They posted a video of Slash playing this exact guitar along with the amp. This guitar looks even better in person. The skull sketch on this is amazing and Slash took his time on it.

Motley Crüe White-------This is a Schecter Tommy Lee signature guitar. Schecter made this guitar complete with stripper inlays and he used this type of guitar in his side project band. This guitar is actually quite rare and don't come up for sale often. I was looking for one to play and the only one I could find was this one with autographs on it but I was able to get it for the price of an unsigned one. Great deal plus this guitar sounds great. I don't play it often and when I do I am very carefull not to damage the sigs but I have not been able to find an unsigned version yet.

Motley Crüe bass----------This guitar was given to a person in the music industry as a gift by the band back in 1991 during the Decade of Decadence tour nearly 25 years ago. Motley normally does not sign more than just their name so it is nice that they each added a few extra words along with the date.

Cinderella----------Finding a guitar signed by all four members of Cinderella takes a lot of patience. I looked daily for 3 years for a good one to come along. Each member also added the name of their favorite Cinderella song which makes this extra special. The back of the guitar also has a large signature from lead guitarist Jeff Labar. This guitar sounds pretty good too.

Thanks for giving us the provenance, TW!

I am not familiar enough on these bands to an opinion on authenticity, but only one of them caused me concern right off: the Motley Crüe White. The signatures look like they were signed by the same person to me. Hopefully others who are familiar with them will give you feedback if you want.

This is an LP I got signed in 2011 and the guitar looks very similar to it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service