We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

VERY OT: Some "Monet" Paintings I Got Back; 1988, 2001 Cleaned, Restored and Revarnished.

I hope you enjoy these works created in the manner of Claude Monet with the correct materials (for the budget I was given). I was 18/19 when hired for the Haystacks "1890" below , now shown today in the second image in a proper Louis 14th frame C. 1675, cleaned and awaiting relining, some considerable repainting and varnishing. I was 32 when I painted the Water Lillies at Giverny study after sunset, still in its original Louis 15th pastel frame C. 1625, now with the bogus signature removed, cleaned and revarnished.

Both before and after for each are shown below:

The Haystacks as received - dirty, old frame from 1988 I finished and damaged painting:

And now, 1/3 done, slightly reformatted (trimmed), cleaned and awaiting additional painting, relining and varnishing:

And the Water Lillies study of 1919 with 20 years dirt, smoke with an added bogus signature!

And now, with horrid added signature removed, cleaned and revarnished:

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Critiques most welcome! :)

And this 1909 "Egon Schiele"...dried sunflowers, painted around 2000. Name misspelled deliberately. Never varnished. Awaiting repainting and varnishing with final reframing (same frame).

Repainting,editing in progress:

And a closer view temporarily back in the frame for consideration/color scaling- no good light today so colors are off here but...

After much careful editing and repainting, the current unfinished state:

6th session of repainting - getting closer...liking...

Still working...

Comments welcome and appreciated.

Now I am doing two at once...this is new...scroll down to see the current 1891 Haystacks blocking:

Finito! Coin du Bassin aux Nympheas C. 1919 in the style of Oscar-Claude Monet - ready for sale! :) Correct 8 colors and lead primed linen. It's frame can be seen above - a period correct Kulicke reproduction Louis XV C. 1725 pastel w/carved corners. It is a corner of Monet's garden at Giverny with lilies. I hope you like it.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service