We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

If there is anyone out there who has one, please let me know. They are becoming tough to find as many who have one are not selling them. (which I totally understand).

Tags: Pat, Tillman

Views: 4888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ryan,

Please post a photo if you can. I am interested for sure. I am familiar with all the players you listed, I even had a class with fullback Jeff Paulk at ASU. So I would be able to determine right away if the Tillman is real (which I'm sure it is).

Here are a few pics i took tonight. Pats autograph is near the ear hole on the right side of the helmet as you can see. JR redmond's signature looks like it says Joe Redmond. I can post a few more if you want
Attachments: No photo uploads here
eh the pictures are pretty blurry when i view them but i'm not a pro haha. I can take more if you want. The signature is kinda small and he wrote his #42 very cramped. But it is 100% genuine along with all the others
Yeah, I deleted one and three. Two is almost readable. Take the pics outside tomorrow morning and hold the camera steady. There should be enough light to take good pics.
haha 3 was the one that showed tillmans autograph. i'll try for better ones tomorrow and i'll upload the pic again so anyone else can view it for now
Sig looks very thick. You use the same sharpie for Tillman that you did for the other players?

I love to see collectors acquiring things they want. Awesome.

For anybody else out there -- DO NOT overpay for Tillman signature. In the long run, won't be worth a heck of a lot.

I've seen other athletes that died before their time -- signatures went for a lot initially -- and now, 20 years later -- not worth all that much. Collect because you love it, not for investment.

I agree. I've had numerous chances to get Pats Sig both at ASU and Cardinal events. All mine are multiple signed except for an ASU helmet. Other I have is a cut signature from an item that had multiple sigs. I have it locked away. When I get back home ill get a picture of it up. Very few individual items signed by Pat alone. I'be seen a few on eBay with some joke coa out of Minn I believe which were fakes. Be very careful when purchasing one.

No doubt value for his signatures will remain high. His story alone assures that. He appeals to many different type of collectors.
I agree with you. I equate a Pat Tillman signature with that of one like Steve PreFontaine's.  Someone who passed away long before their time and did not sign much during their brief time in the limelight. There will be future generations of Pat Tillman fans just like the runners now who would love to have a PreFontaine signature. Tillman's signature has yet to hits it's peak of demand that's for sure.  So maybe I'll have to start another post: Does anyone have a Steve PreFontaine autograph???

I have Steve Prefontaine's signature :)

When I was approximately 13 years old my sister ran in the mile against Francie Larrieu, Mary Decker, Debbie Heald, Julie Brown and several other world class runners. She ran in the Sunkist and LA Times indoor meets back in 1973, 1974 and 1975. I was able to meet Steve Prefontaine after his race and he was kind enough to give me his autograph.

I also have Wilt Chamberlain and Martha Watson’s autograph

yes all the autographs were with a black sharpie. Pat was the last one i got. His line for autographs was ridiculous. I waited until the event was completing and he was walking of the field from signing day. when he was walking off the field i ran over and had him sign it. unfortunately the helmet was already pretty full from the other signatures so there wasn't a nice big area for him to sign.
Nice example from what of it I can see. Reason I asked is Pat was a light signer. His Sig was normally the thinnest and smallest. Nice helmet.

I think there is longevity in the value of his sigs not because he died but his story. His sigs will always be sought after. Not many of them exist. He wasn't a targeted autograph. This is why there are so few single signed items. I went to all asu and cardinal training and fan fests. I only have one single signed item. The rest I have are on multiple signed items. Before he enlisted he wasn't a player you would buy a ball or helmet just for him.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service