We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

What do you guys think of this autographed jersey of Cristiano Ronaldo? i have 2 COA for it but jsut curious on what you think!

Views: 8141

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i defenitely understand what your saying Mike. But one thing as well is this shirt is from 2011 season and  on COA it says when it was verified. I actually got it before the Euro 2012 is that what your saying when u say the World Cup?

I am talking about the 2010 World Cup.  Sellers would have seemingly unlimited amounts of rare athlete signed shirts (like Ronaldo, Messi etc) and team signed shirts.  A COA is just a piece of paper it depends on the signature itself.  When and where was it verified or obtained?  A signed Ronaldo shirt should go for no less than $300.00 and even that is low.  A team signed Real Madrid shirt can go from 500-1000$ easily. So why are they offering a team signed Madrid and Manchester United (two of the most popular teams in club football) for $200??  It makes no sense to me.  

And on top of that, the signatures looked penned by the same person on BOTH jerseys in my opinion.  

I know Kaka's signature very well, I've gotten him in person many times during his stay at Milan.  This signature on this jerseys looks like scribbles to me (look at the slowness of the curve).  And look- ANOTHER perfect Ronaldo!  Number and all!

Yes i definitely understand what your saying.  

This shirt is definately a forgery absolutely no doubt about it

The Man Utd shirt is again a definate fake. Not only are these forged signatures if you were to examine one you would also find the shirts are cheap Asian fake shirts

What Man Utd shirt are you talking about Mick? the Real Madrid jersey seems real to me just the signature i wasnt sure.

Also do you have any suggestions on where i can get signed jersey, pictures, etc. Authentic ones this time!

The Man Utd shirt on the same link as Madrid one.  Icons as previously mentioned are very good but also expensive.

What would you be looking for? Id be happy to post some links pointing you towards known good guys here in the UK

I can't comment on Kaka's signature etc as I only got his signature once. However, I have bought signed Chelsea, Man Utd, Madrid and Barca jerseys all signed by the full squads for less than $400 each directly from private signings.

I guess what makes autograph hunting so tricky is the variety in someone's signature. Ronaldo sitting at a table signing 100 shirts will usually lead to his signature being perfect on the first 10 and rushed as he gets tired or bored by shirt 100. Add to that that he signs photos differently to a magazine and then differently to a shirt.

My gut feeling is your Ronaldo jersey is good but if in doubt ask the seller to give further details as to where and when it was signed etc and then maybe ask PSA or someone to take a look.

Thanks Dan for the input!

Where do you get your team signed jerseys?  I have never seen figures THAT low ( Messi alone on a jersey/ball will cost 300-500$ easily).  The site Icons that I mentioned earlier, hosts individual signings for the players, I have never seen them host a team signing and they are licensed dealer by UEFA.

I'm not saying the pieces you have are junk by any means, but if I were you I would check the provenance of their claim of a "private signing."  Especially if any time big teams are involved by companies that aren't really top in the business.  As it is EXTREMELY rare to have the entire starting roster of a team like Barcelona, Madrid etc in one place at one time.  

For example, Milan is coming to the Adidas store like I've said, but you have to spend x amount of dollars on adidas gear in order to meet them; plus it's in the most popular adidas store in Manhattan.  Also, Real Madrid will be there the next day, but only certain players are going.  And that's in the store of their SPONSOR, and they still can't manage to get all of the players in there!  Imagine how hard it is to coordinate a signing if you're an outside company with no affiliation with the clubs.    So it is really difficult to coordinate a team signing.  

Can I ask where Chelsea and Man Utd did these private signings you mention? As these 2 teams have NEVER done squad signings ever!!! The only way you would be lucky enough to get all the top names on these shirts would be on US or Asian club tours. The top names simply wont sign in the UK anymore

If you bought a fully squad signed Man Utd shirt from a 'private signing' then you really ought to get it checked.

Private 'squad signings' do not exist and have never been known to take place, simple as that. Man Utd send some authentic signed shirts out (via Manchester United Foundation) to registered charities for fundraising purposes and even then the full squad will not have signed them (maybe 15 sigs max. if you're lucky) 

Other than that, the only chance you have of getting a fully squad signed shirt is from a source like Jason Thanos and i'm sure even he would tell you that he'd struggle to get every player on one shirt after months of ip attempts when out collecting! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service