We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251767494153?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2...

They've hit an all time low with this one. wow.

Views: 12745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or else he knows the frequency with which PSA craps its pants.  If I was a seller, I'm not sure I'd want PSA in the mix either.  Way too much they don't have a clue on yet pretend like they do.  Same with JSA.

PSA is a bloated company.  I think Roger is right in wanting to know who made that call, instead of the anonymous "no good" which might have involved a non-effort or an incompetent employee.

This is true, every authenticator makes their fair share of mistakes. I'm not saying that PSA was right, I'm just saying it's not fair to collectors if Roger is the ultimate authority and no one else matters. You can't be the ultimate authority AND sell autographs, that's a major conflict of interest.

In my opinion, if you're going to sell autographs, you must accept the opinions of the big players, right or wrong. I have no interest in buying autographs from someone who says "it's real, trust me and don't listen to what anyone else says".

From what it sounded like, PSA just refused to present/defend their argument.  A faceless employee made the call.  That's a problem.

I'm with you on a need for checks and balances, but this doesn't feel exactly right.  If a known Zeppelin authority had contested it's authenticity, then that's a different story.  But "anonymous" made the call here, with PSA refusing to explain itself.  With this much money at stake, in addition to devaluing a collector's item that may be authentic, I think Roger should contest this.

Regarding the "big players" thing, wouldn't that include GA?  I think they've been effectively outed as pure trash.  If you throw them into the mix, then no one wins.

Big players meaning PSA and JSA. Anyone who is accepted as an authority at major auction houses. GA is garbage.

Where we differ is that you think some anonymous authenticator made the call, which may be true, but PSA as a company put their name behind the call, and that carries some weight in my eyes coming from the largest and most respected authentication company in the field.

We can go back and forth on whether or not Roger is right or not, but if I'm the buyer and just spent $10k on an item then PSA tells me it's no good AND the seller refuses to give me a refund? I'd be pissed, so I won't put myself in a position where that can ever happen.

But then you have to understand that Roger is then effectively out 10 grand because the item has been dubbed "crap" by a major authority that apparently won't back up their claim.  That doesn't seem fair.

Im sure he could sell it to another buyer with full transparency that it failed PSA. Theres a lot of people that claim to trust him above anyone else, whether or not they're willing to back that up with 10 grand is another story. If he can't sell it anywhere, then yes, he's out $10k and that's the unfortunate cost of doing business in the opinion-infused field of autographs.

I still think PSA needs to be held accountable.  As it stands, their stake in this is minimal.  

PSA can't reverse their opinion... They just reversed their opinion because Roger said so? What would the implications of that be? Mass hysteria? Rioting in the streets? All of the above?

They issued an opinion on the item, they knew very well what the potential value and impact their decision would make. They are an uninvested third party. If someone didn't want their opinion they wouldn't have paid for it. Someone, rightfully so, wanted extra assurance on an item they shelled out $10k for, so they went to PSA and asked for an opinion.

The buyer should have done that first instead of making this mess.  The impact on PSA for this decision is virtually nothing.  They got paid.  Game over from that end.

Sorry, PSA just isn't that good at celebrity and music items.  They slap their sticker on whatever sometimes, just because the seller has an in with them (see Press Pass Collectibles)  If any random yahoo at that company has the ability to make this big of a difference, with no explanation, with no face to the decision - I can't possibly side with that.  

Well Rogers 10 day return policy doesn't possibly allow for an in person examination of the item to take place anyway, so what difference does it make?

Roger makes mistakes too as have been pointed out very vividly in this thread. It shouldn't come down to who you trust more, which is why I have a problem with Rogers policies.

I guess a 10 day return policy is pretty blah.  Especially for a high value item.

You may be right , but who on earth is an expert on all Zep signatures ?Rich , with the greatest amount of respect to you , if you purchase

a piece from Roger for 10 k and every one told you it was bad ......

Do you really want me to believe you would have no issue with it ?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service